Bidder Wants To Retract After Winning!!!!

admat97

AHS...Yes!
O.G.
Jan 1, 2008
I cannot believe this! I am so pissed!

I had an LV listed that sold ended at 4:43 this morning.

She asked me a question and (of course I was sleeping) at 2:52 according to my email account. (which she got her answer by looking at the auction again.

Dear,(seller edited)

does this one comes with a dust bag? thanks

- pu
Answer the question
s.gif

Item and user detailsItem Title:100% AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON Item Number::End Date:Oct-13-08 04:43:38 PDT

Then suddenly at 4:05 she sends this email:

Dear n,

im trying to retract my bid due to emergency situation.. i have to send money right away for my sick uncle. im very sorry and i hope you would reconsider. pls reply soon thanks
- pu

Now I see 2 requests for seller info at 4:17 and 4:22 am. Either she was drunk or on crack or something!!

I now have to pay fees for this bag! What should I do???

Buyer's remorse :Push:
Honestly sounds like a headache waiting to happen... I would just do a mutual agreement and ask her to at least pay for the fees you won't get credit back by e*bay :yes:

Sorry you are going through this, but look at the bright side: at least she contacted you and didn't go weeks without paying!

Just because it's the middle of the night where you are doesn't mean it is where she is, which would explain the weird time thing.

But that's just not right!

She's in NY and I'm in Florida. Same time zone.

Within 1 hour (3-4:05) she finds out that she has to send money to a sick uncle?

Anyway, she just called me and I told her that I would put in a retraction with eBay to get my seller fees back. I also told her that I realize she is a new eBayer (she has 1 pos fb), but she CANNOT bid on items unless she will pay. She said she just took her chances (whatever that means). I explained that other sellers and eBay will not be so kind to her since it is a contract when she bids. If I would have known that it was a fb person I would have contacted her first. But...it was the middle of the night. I am blocking her from future bidding.

I guess all's well that ends well.

You need to file a nonpaying bidder complaint to get your fees back from eBay and Paypal - not just cancel the transaction. She needs the NPB strike on her account. You have done her a favor by educated her on bidding and not paying, don't leave her loose for the next seller to have to deal with her without warning. Read the eBay forum on why it is so important to protect all sellers on eBay by filing NPB strikes when applicable.