Bidder is listed as private?

Ghost55

Aug 28, 2006
What does that mean? I know what it MEANS but why? Feedback states 100% positive, then why private? I would like to know who I am potentially selling to...where they are at etc...How do I know if they are confirmed with paypal then? IYKWIM...

Okay~ Now that I have thought about this, I think the bidder wants to remain private so that other individuals do not see what he/she is purchasing and how much $ it costs. I can understand this but I am still going to e-mail him/her and request verification as a paypal verified user.

People with all positive feedback will remain private for the reason you said, for privacy. I see that no one had responded to you and I just wanted to let you kow that I have done that as a buyer. People would poke around to see what I had bought etc... very annoying. As a seller you can't list with private feedback.

Contact her as you planned. I like the privacy filter, keeps out some spammers and such. If she is bidding on your auction, you have the right to see the feedback. There should be no problem.

I don't think it's fair that the buyer's feedback could be private for whatever reasons besides spammers. But the seller is subject to spammers even though their feedback is searchable. Ebay should do away with privacy equally for both seller and buyer in all fairness. Do email and if they do not answer remove their bid.

There are times when I would like to be 'private'...I don't always like that everyone can see what I am buying (especially if I want to hide a purchase from PHH)!

Okay~ Now that I have thought about this, I think the bidder wants to remain private so that other individuals do not see what he/she is purchasing and how much $ it costs. I can understand this but I am still going to e-mail him/her and request verification as a paypal verified user.

Some resellers have both selling and bidding accounts, and they normally hide their bidding's feedback. They don't want others to know what they have been purchasing and how much they have paid for.