Bicester Village (nr London, UK)

Flip88

Jan 16, 2010
Just got back yesterday from one of the most amazing shoppibg experiences I have ever had! Just wondered what you guys thought of Bicestet if you have been?

In the UK the end of Jan is probably the best time of the year to grab bargains but what I saw yesterday was maybe a typical discount of 75%.

Dior's sale was fabulous - huge discounts particularly on bags. There was also a chinchilla shrug reduced from £6000 tp £1,100 (not my size ..... Boooooo).

Burberry has three shops there (?) but they had lots in stock in each. Aquascutum had discounts for example I bought a mohair coat reduced from £850 tp £320 and when they put it through the till ........ £120!!!! Result :smile: Incidentally this does happen to me quite often (???).

I saw python Chloe's reduced by 60% (my friend scored one) along with Agent Provocator reduced by 85%!

There is a Jamie Oliver outside cafe which looked fab but it was too cold so we ate elsewhere.

I was recently gutted becaise I had to return a Vince coyote fur (sleeve length too short) and I paid $1,000 for it. However I made up for my misfortune with a Matthew Williamson fur reduced from £995 to £225! I am delighted with it.

I have been to and enjoyed Wrentham Village (Boston) a few times but this really was even betrer than that IMO.

Just wondered whether you guys have been and, if so, how was your experience?

annemerrick said:
Never been, but is sounds fabulous!!! It sounds like you got some fantastic stuff!!

Thanks and yes, I think so too. I cannot think of another outlet village with so many premium designer stores to be honest.

I would certainly recomend it.

I will be in London this June and already put Bicesteron my list!
Thanks for the Wrentham heads-up - I plan to go to Boston in March and am already looking forward to it!

Bicester Village truly is a fabulous day out for shopping. I go to Cheshire Oaks sometimes (North West UK) which is great for high street and contempory designers but Bicester for premium for sure.

I have been there a few times over the past few years and bought some things but I never found a really good bargain. I suppose there are so many bargains on current season items in London at this time of year that Bicester Village seems overpriced for items dating back many seasons.

Good fun, though

I'm actually planning a trip there this month, so this thread is quite encouraging! Not sure if we'll be driving (easiest since I'm sure I'll be tired from lugging bags around), taking the tube from central London, or taking the shopping express. Any advice?

I go to bicester shopping village quite a lot and think it's fabulous.

Sometimes, there is not much stock but mostly it's a great shopping experience for premium designers. Highly recommended!!

Also, I would say driving might be the best way, if you can so as not to lug all your shopping with you, alternative is to take the express train from Marylebone Station in London.

Hello! I'm new here, nice to meet you all.
I am planning a shopping trip next weekend and hadn't thought of going to Bicester. It sounds like it is worth it. :smile:

By the way, is there an "introduce yourself" thread anywhere?

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

I went there a couple of years ago and had the best time.... I plan to go back in May this year (saving frantically until then!). I went by train last time, but like the idea of the Express coach this time.

Bicester is indeed a fabulous place. It's amazing the kind of steals you could get there. My last visit was in september last yr, I got a black patent Bally shopper, a couple of dresses from DVF, a pair of tan open toe sling backs and a saffiano wallet from Prada.

I've been driven there and have used the shopping express. The convenience of not having to lug the buys on to the tube is what makes driving there the better option. It's about an hr 35/45 mins with either....

I remember seeing a cobalt blue YSL muse there once for a fraction of the price, and in season Jimmy choo and Dior shoes.

Definitely a shopping must. Who can argue with a bargain?

I too would use the express coach. Driving can be a pain in London. It is really good and it is definitely an all dayer. Moat people start at one end and work their way to the other so to avoid queues I would start in the middle and go down one side and back up the other - in a kinda loop. A map is available online.

Monday mornings are when it is least busy.

Hope you have a great time - I am sure you will!!

Interesting thread! I live in Oxford and have been to Bicester a few times (probably go once or twice a year), but never found any amazing deals. I've bought a few things, but found the discounts on the newer season stuff only a bit more than I'd expect in a sale in London. This thread makes me think I should look harder next time I'm there!

Blingtastic said:
Interesting thread! I live in Oxford and have been to Bicester a few times (probably go once or twice a year), but never found any amazing deals. I've bought a few things, but found the discounts on the newer season stuff only a bit more than I'd expect in a sale in London. This thread makes me think I should look harder next time I'm there!

Well, it was fab when I went. Have fun next time you go and take your credit cards ;)