Bicester Stock!

alycat

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
Right, I just typed a really long post, and then lost it. Grrrrrrr :cursing:

Will try again to list what I remember, but I'm really sorry ladies I'm getting muddled with what I saw at SM on Sunday, so bare with me.....

Zebra Bays ( dark choc and cream - very striking)
Loads of patent Bays, including a bright pink and a true purple (blue hues, rather than magenta hues)
Raspberry Bays in spazzy leather (love this colour actually, just not keen on the leather :s)
Gazillions of Mabels (confused about the colours now, but I'm sure I remember metallic black and aqua amongst others)
Gunmetal Ledbury with pewter hardware (can't remember the name of the leather, but it was very grainy and not darwin)
Purple Ledbury
Phoebes - purple tassled, I think green tassled and oak darwin
Oak Hanover
Somerset totes in Plum
Somerset totes in oak - one with gold hardware, one with silver hardware, (but slight fault with the stitching on the front)
Somerset messengers in putty - small and large
Black Dahlia :heart: Loved this actually - think it might be the next one on my wish list, if I can convince myself that I'd be ok with the polished leather :s
Leigh in a gorgeous choclate (nappa?) leather
Maxi mabels - def pebble and some others?
Piccadilly in black crossgrain and I think black congo (or is it reptile?)

Thanks for this info, it all sounds great- especially the different patent Bays. I've been thinking about going along to Bicester soon, so i probably will next month for some christmas shopping.

Is the Mulberry Bicester very busy? Also, are there any other shops i should make sure to get to?

Aly, did you buy anything whilst you were there?

Thanks for this info, it all sounds great- especially the different patent Bays. I've been thinking about going along to Bicester soon, so i probably will next month for some christmas shopping.

Is the Mulberry Bicester very busy? Also, are there any other shops i should make sure to get to?

Aly, did you buy anything whilst you were there?

Oh gosh - check out the Bicester website - there are loads of shops there:- Paul Smith, Dior, Fat Face, Monsoon, Links of London etc.

http://www.bicestervillage.com/Bicester/home.asp?lan=en

Yeah, there are some fab shops there and they have recently extended it! Some of the new shops are open already eg D&G, Radley, and some are opening soon, such as Smythson and DVF.

Blueglitter the Mulberry shop wasn't too busy, and I was really only there to exchange my Hanover. Did buy a couple of bits in Paul Smith which I'm putting away for DH for Xmas (my first Xmas shopping :nuts:)

Jo, just seen your post - yep, she's really smilar to Annie. I'd say virtually identical in basic shape, but with silver hardware/postmans locks, which I love! Also, this one was in polished leather - much more shiny compared to the matt of the darwin. That's my only doubt actually, as I imagine it could look a bit tatty if the leather gets scratched up :thinking:

Edit - Oh B&S, sorry just seen your post too! You girls are way too quick for me!! I'm really sorry but as far as I know, none of the UK outlets ship to the States. I have to say this bag was a stunner (way too much of a statement for me, but you could carry her off a treat!) Do you know anyone in the UK who could buy it for you and then ship it?

Last edited:
I really like the Dahlia. I quite like the polished leather and think that, as it makes the bag lighter than the Annie, it can only be a good thing :tup:

My ears pricked up at the sound of gunmetal Ledbury :drool: but I'm going to be a good Dita and forget about it. I don't really need another bag for evenings :nogood: although something in silver/pewter/gunmetal is on my medium term wishlist.

Really must plan a trip to Bicester soon - have tempted DH with the promise of buying him some Diesel jeans so that's half the battle won :yahoo:

I don't think any ot the outlets ship outside UK, and in UK only to the adress of the creditcard used to buy the bag.

You are right, very sadly so. I have phoned all the outlets in the past and also wrote an email to Mulberry London and they just don't. Giving some weird explanation about not being able to handle non-UK creditcards.:wtf:
I suppose they just do not want to ship outside the UK.:tdown:

Yeah, there are some fab shops there and they have recently extended it! Some of the new shops are open already eg D&G, Radley, and some are opening soon, such as Smythson and DVF.

Blueglitter the Mulberry shop wasn't too busy, and I was really only there to exchange my Hanover. Did buy a couple of bits in Paul Smith which I'm putting away for DH for Xmas (my first Xmas shopping :nuts:)

I was hoping DVF would be open :crybaby:

Dita - yep the Dahlia felt lighter than the Annie - very comfortable on the shoulder actually.

I'm impressed at your restraint :tup: I loved the pewter hardware on the gunmetal Ledbury. I wish I could remember the name of the leather - it almost looked like buffalo - very textured, but I'm sure it said something different on the label :thinking:

I was in such a rush around there today, but would love to go back when I've got more time. Definitely worth dragging your DH there, especially with all the new shops opening!