biases?

ilove$

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
I'm doing a project for school where I have to ask a large amount of people what their biases are and and they have to tell me why, so I thought a forum would be perfect?

So if I can go ahead and ask...What are your biases and why?

can you be more specific? I mean the answers are going to be unique to every individual. Its like asking, "what makes you different?" Well, my cell structure does. I mean, how long a list you want? About what exactly? Lifestyles? Food? Living arrangements? Animal preference? Residence? I guess I'm not getting exactly what you are asking, its too broad a question.

I can't believe they let people do field work like this...corrupt data risk, anyone??

Be nice..

I remember being in a sociology class in high school where we did projects and people's idea of finding out answers to questions like "are you racist" was to ask a bunch of people their opinion and then report it as fact. I was so frustrated sitting at the back of the room..

Yeah, I don't really understand the question and I could also see this getting ugly :sad:

I have one I'll admit to though... When I used to work with kids I noticed that all of my colleagues and myself had biases towards certain "types" of kids, but no one ever really talked about it. IDK if anyone else even noticed it, but I realized that I was always trying to kind of protect the sensitive, shy, quiet kids, because that's the kind of kid that I was. So like if one of my colleagues was giving one of those kids a hard time to "bring them out of their shell" or "build their character," I'd put the kibosh on it. Tormenting a shy child will NOT make them less shy. It only makes them neurotic! I know from personal experience! lol

Sorry, that's a dumb example, but it's the first thing I though of! :shame:

I think those guys who wear their pants low & have to grab a handful of the material at the crotch & walk around like they're holding their privates look stupid.
Is that a bias?

I'm biased against criminals because they intrude on other people's lives and have no regard for anybody or anything. I think they should be locked away and the keys thrown away. Because some f*cking low-life thugs had to violate my husband and his friends, now my family has to live in fear of retaliation for an indefinite period of time. Is that a bias?

Blonde > Brunette ;).. just kidding!

I can't really think of any biases I have. Except I'm probably more likely to approach and make more of an effort with someone who's well put together, dressed nicely etc over people who dress sloppy & look like they've just crawled out of bed. That makes me sound extremely shallow though. :/