Bi-color Birkin or Kelly

h<302

Mar 19, 2019
For those who own a bi-color birkin or kelly, did you get tired of it? How often do you wear it?
I was contemplating whether to order a bi-color or single color kelly but I can’t decide. Any suggestions would be great!

I only have a bicolor birkin but it is only the inside that is a different color. Bicolor on the outside does not work for me. I like all one color on the outside.

I do love the secret pop on the inside.

I also have had a SO bicolour Birkin and although it's the only bicolour I can do, only one colour outside, after a while I sold it.....I prefer boring single colour!

Reactions: lulilu and h<302
I have several bicolor Birkins, but they also don’t have bicolor exteriors - they do, however, have contrast stitching. They are all pop colors and I wear them all the time.

i think of it this way - if I’m wearing black or a similar neutral, the colors will go. If I’m wearing colors, I chose bag colors that I wear or are similar to what I wear, so they go. It’s fine to do fun colors, just make sure that what you pick goes with your wardrobe. All my interiors are shades of pink (so for me that’s a match). Exteriors are colors I wear - blue, yellow, green. If you have any of the scarves, that can tie your bag in with your outfit as well.

I have several bicolor Birkins, but they also don’t have bicolor exteriors - they do, however, have contrast stitching. They are all pop colors and I wear them all the time.

i think of it this way - if I’m wearing black or a similar neutral, the colors will go. If I’m wearing colors, I chose bag colors that I wear or are similar to what I wear, so they go. It’s fine to do fun colors, just make sure that what you pick goes with your wardrobe. All my interiors are shades of pink (so for me that’s a match). Exteriors are colors I wear - blue, yellow, green. If you have any of the scarves, that can tie your bag in with your outfit as well.
Thanks Notorious Pink! I totally forgot about the contrast stitching! I was so focus on the exterior colors.

Reactions: Notorious Pink
I think you're asking about actual bicolor exterior. I haven't done this, just as so many have said, different colors of exterior and lining with a contrast stitch...in one case very subtle, in other cases a bit more visible.
This season I was seriously considering bicolor exterior but I think I'm going to stick with what has worked.
IMO bicolors can be beautiful but they can also turn out....not so great :smile:

I’m wondering the same thing. I didn’t think I could ever do a bi-color exterior because of its limitations but I am thinking hard about possibly having a two-tone kelly like craie & trench or gris asphalt in hopes that it could be more wearable. Not sure though.

Reactions: allure244
I recently placed my first SO and did one color outside with contrast stitching. I thought I would go for a two color exterior but then I realized I would have a hard time matching clothes to it. My SA did point out that if you were to choose two neutral colors or colors that aren’t in total contrast it may be easier to match with outfits.

That's one of the most gorgeous combos I've ever seen, so striking and chic

Thank you. That is very kind of you.

This was my first SO and was designed knowing that this would probably be my only bicolor exterior SO I would own. That’s because I’m not a bicolor fan for the most part due to the perceived difficulty in matching with my wardrobe (as others have mentioned).

I did make a newbie mistake in designing a bicolor SO. I did not take into account the resin in the overall appearance of the bag. For example, craie has a tan resin. Once I received the bag, I did not think it looked good with etain. It bothered me so much, I thought about selling the bag. I wanted the bag to be cool toned with gray/white; however, with the tan resin, it looked “confused” between cool and warm toned. My husband saw how conflicted I was, so he sent the bag to leather surgeons to have the resin repainted to match etain. I now absolutely love it. Yeah, I realize H may not spa the bag ever, but I don’t care. I can finally truly enjoy it now which means much more to me.

I only have one bicolor birkin, which was ordered from my previous home store and has sentimental values to me. I tend to rotate my bags, so I haven’t used it for awhile, but I also use it more in the winter because I carry more and the etain/ Gris Mouette is a 35 birkin. I def wear it and haven’t gotten sick of it yet. I think the key is to change it up, and make sure it works with your wardrobe. Good luck!!! It will be so much fun deciding the color/ hardware combo. :tup: