BF wants to take me shopping!!

maybe start with a cute pair of shoes. :smile: i dont spend as much on my shoes as my bags though... hehe.

well, except for this one pair of guccissima flats... but that's another story. ;)

kitskats said:
Enjoy that shopping trip and do try break him in easy. Would it be more convenient geographically perhaps to go to NM or Saks? Save gas and all? :roflmfao: (I'm such a brat, I know). Or wait...weren't you just at Macy's :devil::angel: so it really would be more fun to see what they have at __________? Failing that, surely something at Macy's will call your name! Very loving gesture on both your parts. Have fun!

I hear you!! Well, there are no NMs or Saks where I live :crybaby: . Nordstrom is another idea but we were going to wait till their big sale dies down.

Believe me, my NM card goes into overdrive all the time with their online shopping (BG too!). THAT is a whole 'nother animal to introduce him to - my online shopping habit.

Anyway, I'll start slow and break him in gently...like you guys said he just had surgery (he's doing great, by the way!). :yahoo: :heart:

OK, I wanted to update everyone on this...

BF and I went shopping today (and saw a LOT of LV, wow! but that's another thread)

:back2topic: I really appreciate everyone's suggestions on how to break him in. We went to Pacific Place and Nordstroms in downtown Seattle and had a great time! He bought me some beautiful black slacks at Club Monaco and a gorgeous 3/4 length trench which will be perfect when the weather changes.

Then, onto jewelry! I fell in love with this necklace

...and he loved it on me too so he's got the hint for later on.

And then there was the choco Paddy...another big hint dropped.

So, I got a few things I liked and he didn't flinch when he saw the big ticket stuff I REALLY want:girlsigh: .

Aww.. what a great boyfriend you have! You're so lucky, my boyfriend is pretty generous and caring but I don't think he would ever buy me a paddy.. unless he was suddenly super filthy rich.

Well, to be honest, I think it would be a bit selfish to take advantage of him and spend large amounts of his money. Men really just don't get it. They don't understand the point in spending large amounts of money on bags, shoes and clothes. Just have him buy you some perfume and call it a day.

Easy way to find out is to just ask him outright:

"Budget amount, please?"

That's what I do with the DH when he takes me out shopping. It's a good system really. If we agree on a figure before we leave the house, he's not put on the spot after we get [where ever] and I see something way too high. He doesn't have to say no and I don't have to WHINE! :tender:

Works for us.

Pursegrrl said:
OK, I wanted to update everyone on this...

BF and I went shopping today (and saw a LOT of LV, wow! but that's another thread)

:back2topic: I really appreciate everyone's suggestions on how to break him in. We went to Pacific Place and Nordstroms in downtown Seattle and had a great time! He bought me some beautiful black slacks at Club Monaco and a gorgeous 3/4 length trench which will be perfect when the weather changes.

Then, onto jewelry! I fell in love with this necklace

...and he loved it on me too so he's got the hint for later on.

And then there was the choco Paddy...another big hint dropped.

So, I got a few things I liked and he didn't flinch when he saw the big ticket stuff I REALLY want:girlsigh: .

:love: this Necklace

Prada Psycho said:
Easy way to find out is to just ask him outright:

"Budget amount, please?"

That's what I do with the DH when he takes me out shopping. It's a good system really. If we agree on a figure before we leave the house, he's not put on the spot after we get [where ever] and I see something way too high. He doesn't have to say no and I don't have to WHINE! :tender:

Works for us.

I've done that too when boyfriends want to take me shopping. But really it also depends on the guy's income, I don't feel guilty dragging an attorney into Gucci.

Very sweet of your BF - nice that he has ideas for future presents too!