bf is mad at me now =(

janetc

Nov 27, 2007
ok, so all day today i was watching on ebay a josephine gm khacki and decided to push the buy it now option since the biding was already at $340 (buy it now was 350) and i called my bf to tell him i bought it so he wont be shocked with a increase in the cc bill. he wasn't very happy and went on and on about how he told me that i couldnt be friends with Mr. LV anymore. i told him that I was going to pay for it, and he does not even have to put in a penny. he thinks i over paid for it since there was a stain on the bottom (which i heard is to be expected considering the age 2002 and the color its lined with) but other than that, the sellers photos and listing says theres no wear and tear other than on the inside stain. i know its discontinued but would feel better if i can get others opinions of if i over paid for it. sorry no pictures to show yet=(

hoping someone can make me feel better :sad:

thanks sarah =) You were working in the "Authenticate This" i believe when i was getting the bags checked out. i thought it was a great deal considering this will be the cheapest ive paid for a purse from LV! and i love the color. my bf is mad cause ive been trying to get a chanel bag and honestly i cant afford it. i wish i had the money for it though!! one day i will though =) i can only imagine how steaming he will be!! i bet i will see fumes!

I can't tell you much about whether or not you overpaid for the bag but I can say that until he is your HUSBAND then, he shouldn't have any say in what you buy. I realize that everyone's living situations and monetary means are different, but seriously, I would keep a separate account until the day you get hitched. Please don't be offended by this because I totally understand feeling bad about "coming clean" with your spending to those people that you love, but I wonder if he doesn't spend your shared money on things he loves just as much.
My boyfriend rolls his eyes about my bag obsession (even though he has bought two LV items for me without my asking) and he makes me feel guilty. However, just last week he bought some little do-hicky thing for his Jeep that makes the horsepower stronger, or something. He paid a GOOD AMOUNT of money on it. Then, he complains about not having enough savings to even think about proposing to me.:thinking::boxing: As long as you have the money to PAY BACK on your credit card bill then, you shouldn't worry about it, my dear. I'm telling you this as a single-but-taken woman and a tPF friend. Let him be mad. The anger is healthy.

I know this bag too and I think it would have been able to be cleaned.
In addition, that's about the price those bags go for now anyway (retail was close to 1k when they were released) so no, I don't think you overpaid at all.

I love the Josephine, I hope to get a blue GM someday. :yes:

I can't tell you much about whether or not you overpaid for the bag but I can say that until he is your HUSBAND then, he shouldn't have any say in what you buy. I realize that everyone's living situations and monetary means are different, but seriously, I would keep a separate account until the day you get hitched. Please don't be offended by this because I totally understand feeling bad about "coming clean" with your spending to those people that you love, but I wonder if he doesn't spend your shared money on things he loves just as much.
My boyfriend rolls his eyes about my bag obsession (even though he has bought two LV items for me without my asking) and he makes me feel guilty. However, just last week he bought some little do-hicky thing for his Jeep that makes the horsepower stronger, or something. He paid a GOOD AMOUNT of money on it. Then, he complains about not having enough savings to even think about proposing to me.:thinking::boxing: As long as you have the money to PAY BACK on your credit card bill then, you shouldn't worry about it, my dear. I'm telling you this as a single-but-taken woman and a tPF friend. Let him be mad. The anger is healthy.

i completely understand what you mean about keeping our money to ourselves and not joint it until were married. i just had to tell him since my paypal was hooked up to his cc since he purchased some stuff under me recently. i totally forgot about it when i payed for my purchase on paypal that it was his card due to me not paying attention cause i was excited. i already transfered money into his checking account to cover my purchase that i just made barely 20 or so mins ago.

he complains all the time about my spending habits when it comes to LV. BUT he is the one with a secret obsession with LV! he currently has two black lv ones (epi and the taiga) that he picked up on when we were on vacation. he is a great bf who has funded two speedies and a epi wallet though. its strange cause he only complains when i purchase them myself, but has no problem giving them to me when he pays for them without me asking.

ohhh the strangeness of bfs sometimes.

thanks for being a friend :tup:

I know this bag too and I think it would have been able to be cleaned.
In addition, that's about the price those bags go for now anyway (retail was close to 1k when they were released) so no, I don't think you overpaid at all.

I love the Josephine, I hope to get a blue GM someday. :yes:

thanks again for helping me authenticate this earlier :rolleyes: i believe it is a decent price to pay for it and im starting to totally feel dumb for letting him make me feel bad! and yup...folex should work. and if not, ill still love her anyways!

You can add a second CC on your paypal account. It would be much healthier. I know what bag you bought Its gorgeous, and I think the price was very reasonable. Enjoy your bag!!!!!!

Sweetie, you got a fabulous deal on a great bag. I am betting that you can clean up those water spots without a problem. I jumped on Ebay and researched the closing prices of the last 6 Josephine GMs that sold and the average sell price was $422.00. You got a great price! Congrats.

Tell your bf to go jump off a cliff. I am sure he has bad habits too. My dh loves to gamble and what he gambles in one hand is equivalent to one of my chanel bags so when he says something I just remind him of his recent trip to Vegas and his upcoming one as well.
If the bag is hard to get, and it was your only chance than you did the right thing. ROCK ON!!

don't worry. my bf got mad at me for buying a wallet, then a gucci purse, then another wallet... and now he's used to it. lol especially after i bought him a gucci wallet for his birthday. as i always say... these bags and wallets never go out of style. i won't need to buy bags that break and go out of fashion in a year.

he is a great bf who has funded two speedies and a epi wallet though. its strange cause he only complains when i purchase them myself, but has no problem giving them to me when he pays for them without me asking.

ohhh the strangeness of bfs sometimes.

oh my goodness. This sounds very familiar. I don't want to alarm you, but this sounds a hell of alot like my micro-managing dh... he used to get so upset whenever I spent any money i earned myself, after a while it was just too overbearing.

I started feeling guilty about purchases, hiding purchases, ultimately associated frustration with my purchases, because of his strange attitude towards my spending habits. (I think we may have all been there?) It was fun at the beginning but after a while it is just too controlling and I was feeling miserable all the time until I figured out I should never be made to feel dependent on any one person. :cursing: Funny, I was successful and independent and great saver before I was married, what made it different after marriage (or after boyfriend, etc)?

It took a loooooong time turning dh around... I'm glad to report he has kept his mouth shut and his distance at my latest purchases. So, people, take my advice and nip this kind of behavior in the bud before it takes control in more ways than one!!! Some people either grow up like that or they just can't control how anxious money makes them feel.

If you know what you are spending, and you know you love it, that's all that matters. I'm sure you, like me and all the other women out there, have our own (mind you brilliant) mental checks and balances in our heads of what we want and how we're going to attain it without ever going bankrupt. :okay: