Beyonce and Jay Z

Bill Gates gives most of his money to charity and I think Warren Buffet lives very simply and probably also gives most of his money away
Not that I care where beyonce performs but your examples may not be the best

I'm not understanding what anyone's philanthropy has to do with people side-eying a woman for accepting a lucrative job just because she is already wealthy. My point is men aren't judged, Beyonce is. And FWIW, as @berrydiva already noted, Bey and Jay are both involved in charitable endeavors, albeit not as widely sensationalized the way Gates and Buffet are.

Reactions: Stephanie***
I'm not understanding what anyone's philanthropy has to do with people side-eying a woman for accepting a lucrative job just because she is already wealthy. My point is men aren't judged, Beyonce is. And FWIW, as @berrydiva already noted, Bey and Jay are both involved in charitable endeavors, albeit not as widely sensationalized the way Gates and Buffet are.
sensationalized? The Gates basically are giving all their money away to things like drinking water for third world countries. I'm sure Beyonce gives some to causes but not on that level.
She can perform for whomever she wants but please don't compare her philanthropy to Bill Gates.

Blind woman sues Beyonce's entertainment company for discrimination

A blind woman has filed a class action lawsuit against Beyonce Knowles' Parkwood Entertainment LLC, claiming the singer's website discriminates against those who are visually impaired.

Mary Conner, who is legally blind, filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York -- where both Beyonce's entertainment company is located and Conner lives -- on Thursday.

The website does not allow blind fans to buy tickets, get tour updates, buy merchandise or learn more about the pop superstar, according to the lawsuit.

"Plaintiff brings this civil rights action against Parkwood for their failure to design, construct, maintain, and operate their website to be fully accessible to and independently usable by Plaintiff and other blind or visually-impaired persons," according to the lawsuit.

"Defendant are denying blind and visually-impaired persons throughout the United States with equal access to the goods and services Parkwood provides to their non-disabled customers through http//:www.Beyonce.com."

The suit cites the Americans with Disabilities Act, signed by George H.W. Bush in 1990, and New York state law, which "requires places of public accommodation to ensure access to goods, services, and facilities by making reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities."

Conner, on behalf of the class, is asking for an injunction against the website for violating the ADA and in order to take the necessary steps to make the singer's site accessible to the blind.

The suit also asks for a payout of "compensatory damages in an amount to be determined by proof, including all applicable statutory damages and fines."

https://abcn.ws/2FdR8TS

Just curious...how do you make a website accessible to blind individuals?

If you Google this issue you'll find some explanations on how websites can be designed to be user friendly to folks that are visually impaired and/or blind. I'm not being snarky, there are many aspects. We recently lost a young member of the family who was blind, he was so independent online, amazing.

If a web site is 508 compliant the blind individual can listen while the content is read to them electronically. You find this done for government web sites in the US and well as some educational ones. However, I don’t see how a site for fans of an entertainer could be required to be compliant.

Reactions: Yoshi1296
sensationalized? The Gates basically are giving all their money away to things like drinking water for third world countries. I'm sure Beyonce gives some to causes but not on that level.
She can perform for whomever she wants but please don't compare her philanthropy to Bill Gates.
Jay actually paid for clean drinking water irrigation to be built in some part of a county in Africa....so yeah they're doing much of the same but specifically focused on black folks so maybe that's why it's not sensationalized in non-black media outlets or discussed much. Plus the scale is smaller obviously given that they're nowhere near as rich as Gates or Buffett. Why don't y'all just google what they have done? They do a great deal of charity out their own pockets.

Last edited:
Bey was spotted in Target again Monday. i don't know what is more funny - people calling it Tar Jay:hrmm: or People magazine calling it a dang "department store"!!! :nuts: the pic of her coming down the aisle is hilarious to me.

Beyoncé is just like us — she shops at Target!

On Monday, Beyoncé, 37, was spotted solo at the popular department store in Los Angeles.

For the outing, the “Drunk in Love” singer wore an orange jumpsuit, triangular sunshades and styled her signature golden tresses in loose waves.

The sighting, captured by a shopper, quickly went viral on Twitter capturing the attention of Chrissy Teigen, who claimed to know exactly what Beyoncé was shopping for.

“Beyoncé you are so silly, I can just send you my new knives!!” Teigen, 33, wrote over the photos of the Grammy winner.

In September of last year, Teigen , exclusively available at Target consisting of pots, pans, spatulas, spoons and of course knives.

Nonetheless, it was not immediately clear as to what Beyoncé decided on, but she appeared to be walking down the baby aisle as a plethora of Pampers boxes can be seen in the corner of the shot.

Teigen also recently joined the Pampers family as the first ever Creative Consultant for the Pure collection back in March, so perhaps Beyoncé was in the market for something Teigen related after all.

Beyoncé’s Target run came just a few days after the mother of three celebrated her mom Tina Knowles Lawson‘s 64th birthday.

https://people.com/music/beyonce-spotted-target-chrissy-teigen-knows-why/

seems kinda odd to me that she would go to target in a big orange jump suit.....do you all think she wanted to be seen there "just like us"?
Looks like a pretty normal jumpsuit (doesn't appear orange on my screen but might be my monitor)...it's the glasses, hair and such that makes it a bit extra. But apparently she goes to Target pretty often. I'm going to assume she was already out and they made a stop at Target hence the outfit.

The pic is hilarious to me though because it's reminding me of all the times I've gone to Target after an event and was dressed. I went in with a full gown on once....:lol: :lol:

Reactions: Ceeyahd