Beware of the super fakes

Jenita143 and Le.everlynn, thanks for your replies.

Lately I've been checking a lot theYoogi's closet and fashionphile, especially their selling Jumbos. I’ve beensearching so much information also about superfakes and haven’t come across this quality.

I also went to the boutique and honestly only the card is indicator and bothers me. I’ve read some owners actually peel off the stickers after buying, because it’s not actually a serial for authenticity, but for factory’s tracking? Anyway I don’t get it, but have read about it. Zippers and example the interior color may differ depending on the year of production, but the ones I saw on boutique had same details, smell, zipper and all I kept thinking was I’m having fake card with authentic bag.

I even watched videos where authentic flaps had some craftsmanship issue such as balanced placement of the double flapand that makes me thinking about the quality differences between the superfakes and authentic ones.

What I also found very puzzling, is why to pay so much attention and qualitymaterial to craftsmanship of this bag, andforget periods from card? I mean all the fakes I’ve searched from internet have correct text in the card, but have rainbow effect and font problems. Hope you get what I mean. At least I found this really strange!

If you have time and desire to take a look, here is good example for authentic bag at Yoogis from same production year. If you compare these two, it’s quite scary.

http://imgur.com/a/mWqmC

http://www.yoogiscloset.com/chanel-black-quilted-lambskin-leather-classic-jumbo-double-flap-bag-47168.html

I’m sorry if I am confusing, it’s justthis crazy situation. I just wanted to share my thoughts and experience withyou guys, since I’ve been thinking this a lot lately and someone may come across it and be in this situation as well. Thanks again for your effort.

After this one I understand why such advanced company Etinceler Authenticators no longer do authentication for classics beyond 15series and also Colourful Belle from the authentication thread is not longer doing that. For the future it's quite scary to buy pre-loved bags.

Etinceler and Colourful Belle don't want to do online authentications from the newer bags because it is too hard to miss the details when you can't see the bag in person. The close up stitching on the outside also looks off. Etinceler will do an authentication if they have the bag on hand to review.

gail13, thank you for your response.

My intention was not to say anything bad about Etinceler or Colourful Belle, I appreciate their knowledge and proficiency very much and understand it's difficult to authenticate just by looking pictures especially when there are super fakes. Like you said, it's hard to capture bags essence by the camera. Thank you for your opinion and help.

What I also found very puzzling, is why to pay so much attention and qualitymaterial to craftsmanship of this bag, andforget periods from card? I mean all the fakes I’ve searched from internet have correct text in the card, but have rainbow effect and font problems. Hope you get what I mean. At least I found this really strange!

I have no actual verifiable experience with or data as to WHY counterfeiters hone in on some areas and forget others (like forgetting to put punctuation on the card), but having been a private detective for 10+ years, and owner of a detective agency, I can say from my experience in that area that scammers and con artists and the like generally aren't PhD candidates, if you get my meaning. You can Google "stupid criminals" or such and read news story after news story of bank robbers who leave their ID at the scene of the crime, thieves who leave fingerprints everywhere, murderers who take great pains to clean up the crime scene then brag all over Facebook what they've done...

It also may be that English, French and/or German aren't languages they know. So in proofing their fake card, they don't see the mistakes. I would also guess that the factory that creates the fake cards isn't the same one making the bag itself. Two completely different manufacturing processes.

There's a lot to be said that if a deal is too good to be true, it's probably a scam, and at the very least, cries out for the services of an authenticator. Scammers rely on human greed and it's not like they're looking to make a repeat customer out of each sale (except for those customers who are also scammers and buy the fake bags for resale).

I have noticed that a lot of bags I would deem suspect no longer show the serial number or card in their online listing.

Just as an aside, there seems to be a "new" scam on the Bonanza site where scammers (so far all out of the UK) filch photos from legit bag listings, use those stolen photos, and then "sell" the Chanels in the $200+ range. My assumption--and I have no hard evidence--is they take the money and you never get a bag (because they never had the bag to begin with). These scammers (all have 0 or at the most a 5 rating) are showing some newer bags but are also showing very obviously vintage used bags and stating "new with tags" in the listing. And they're using the same photos over and over again. So going back to what you said on the punctuation--they don't seem to understand what "new with tags" means. I for one am glad they don't understand that. I just hope buyers will remember to thoroughly read listings and descriptions.

Reactions: archengsculp
I won't bid or buy anything without asking a specific question about the item that requires the seller have the item on hand. Getting a good email response speaks volumes.

Hi!!
I get very confused about these super-fake Chanel bags. Can someone who knows better please help me...??

I looked at some videos on youtube about differences between real and fake Chanel bags (M/L Classic flap) to get a better ide what to look for in fake bags. They "authenticators" on Youtube say that the stamping "made in France/Italy" in gold/silver should be on the opposite side from "CHANEL" if the bag is lambskin and underneath CHANEL if it is in caviar. When I look att newer Chanel M/L classic flaps that are for sale pre-loved it looks like the "made in xxx" it it underneath CHANEL even on the lambskin bags. Is this true or are these bags "super-fakes"???
They also say that the distance between the stitched CC:s on the inside of the flap and the CHANEL should be 1,5 cm. Is this still true on the newer bags??

I also have a question about the stitched CC on the inside of the flap. On most M/L Classic flaps I have seen these CC are filled (puffy) but on some the are just stitched flat CC:s. Are the bags with the flat stitched CC:s fake or....??

I would be very happy if someone would be so very kind to answer these questions as I am buying my first "pre-loved" Chanel classic flap M/L. Thank you

Hi,

I just wanted to share this on superfake thread, since I recently purchased this bag, got it authenticated online and evaluation was not-authentic! So scary! Why I got it authenticated is because of sticker is removed/peeled and I haven't never seen auth card like that, messy and missing periods. Here are some pictures I sent and got evaluation as a counterfeit, what do you think?

ZLLhEVW.jpg

ENOfBc0.jpg

kwgJpDG.jpg

rdlkBsK.jpg

fbSvhTf.jpg

5xCPSgt.jpg

QRpR9bd.jpg

MaFuSSO.jpg
That's why most reputable Chanel authentication services will no longer authenticate Classic, Reissue or Boy Flap bags by pictures alone. They have to be evaluated in person.

Lately I've been checking a lot theYoogi's closet and fashionphile, especially their selling Jumbos. I’ve beensearching so much information also about superfakes and haven’t come across this quality.

I also went to the boutique and honestly only the card is indicator and bothers me. I’ve read some owners actually peel off the stickers after buying, because it’s not actually a serial for authenticity, but for factory’s tracking? Anyway I don’t get it, but have read about it. Zippers and example the interior color may differ depending on the year of production, but the ones I saw on boutique had same details, smell, zipper and all I kept thinking was I’m having fake card with authentic bag.

I even watched videos where authentic flaps had some craftsmanship issue such as balanced placement of the double flapand that makes me thinking about the quality differences between the superfakes and authentic ones.

If you have time and desire to take a look, here is good example for authentic bag at Yoogis from same production year. If you compare these two, it’s quite scary.

http://imgur.com/a/mWqmC

http://www.yoogiscloset.com/chanel-black-quilted-lambskin-leather-classic-jumbo-double-flap-bag-47168.html

I’m sorry if I am confusing, it’s justthis crazy situation. I just wanted to share my thoughts and experience withyou guys, since I’ve been thinking this a lot lately and someone may come across it and be in this situation as well. Thanks again for your effort.

After this one I understand why such advanced company Etinceler Authenticators no longer do authentication for classics beyond 15series and also Colourful Belle from the authentication thread is not longer doing that. For the future it's quite scary to buy pre-loved bags.
For a short time period we were able to authenticate the 15 million to 17 million series Classic double Flaps based on pictures because the packaging (box, dust bag, care booklet, etc.) were wrong, but now the counterfeiters have perfected those as well.

The counterfeiters seem to be concentrating their efforts on the Classics, Reissues (not as much) and Boys (definitely a lot) because of their popularity.

Really the only way to tell is to inspect them in person.

Hi!!
I get very confused about these super-fake Chanel bags. Can someone who knows better please help me...??

I looked at some videos on youtube about differences between real and fake Chanel bags (M/L Classic flap) to get a better ide what to look for in fake bags. They "authenticators" on Youtube say that the stamping "made in France/Italy" in gold/silver should be on the opposite side from "CHANEL" if the bag is lambskin and underneath CHANEL if it is in caviar. When I look att newer Chanel M/L classic flaps that are for sale pre-loved it looks like the "made in xxx" it it underneath CHANEL even on the lambskin bags. Is this true or are these bags "super-fakes"???
They also say that the distance between the stitched CC:s on the inside of the flap and the CHANEL should be 1,5 cm. Is this still true on the newer bags??

I also have a question about the stitched CC on the inside of the flap. On most M/L Classic flaps I have seen these CC are filled (puffy) but on some the are just stitched flat CC:s. Are the bags with the flat stitched CC:s fake or....??

I would be very happy if someone would be so very kind to answer these questions as I am buying my first "pre-loved" Chanel classic flap M/L. Thank you
All of those "rules of thumb" really vary from season/year of production. I can't tell you how many people contact us worried because their Classic Flap has a low stitch count per quilt (based on their internet research) and that is not even a detail we bother to look at because that myth, and so many others, hardly ever hold true.

Reactions: ABoarder
Yes, thank you for the pictures, the zipper looks off, that zipper is for reissue I believe , the sticker is a give away, with the newer bag, why on earth one would tampered the hologram sticker? I am so sorry that you are going through this, hope you get your money back and thank you very much for posting this up for us to watch out for. Really appreciated, this is the 2nd bag this month that I read about super fake. Most of them are jumbo size. Scary.

Actually the zipper pull looks exactly like the zipper pulls on the newer Chanel Classic double Flap bags. The zipper here does not give away the bag as a fake.

Hi!!

i wouldn't use youtube as a trusted source. a good portion of the girls on there showing their bags don't even know the name of the bag they own, it's hilarious. a lot of people aren't likely to know all the details you need to make an informed decision anyway. i bought some superfakes in turkey so that i could become more aware of the differences in my own bags and when i online shop what to look for. the best shopping choice - i believe - is a chanel boutique or a consignment store (ie yoogis) that has been around and proven for quite some time. imo.

Reactions: archengsculp
i wouldn't use youtube as a trusted source. a good portion of the girls on there showing their bags don't even know the name of the bag they own, it's hilarious. a lot of people aren't likely to know all the details you need to make an informed decision anyway. i bought some superfakes in turkey so that i could become more aware of the differences in my own bags and when i online shop what to look for. the best shopping choice - i believe - is a chanel boutique or a consignment store (ie yoogis) that has been around and proven for quite some time. imo.

The youtube videos that I was talking about is from consignment stores, such as Michaels in NYC, and their videos comparing fake from real Chanel bags. So these videos should be ok??

Do the superfakes also come with a fake receipt/invoice from the Chanel store??

I am waiting for a Classic Flap M/L in lambskin that I bought on Vestiare Collective. A friend of mine has a real Chanel Classic flap M/L in caviar that she bought in the Chanel store in London. If I would compare these 2 bags and really look at the details would I be able to tell if mine was I superfake??
All the superfakes I have seen on pictures have had some detail that was wrong, even if you had to look for a long time. Is there superfakes were nothing is wrong compare to the real ones?? Of course the quality should be wrong and maybe the leather??

I am thinking of sending my bag that I ordered at Vestiare Collective when I get it next tuesday. I do not know if I can take risk of paying €3000 for a fake Chanel.

The youtube videos that I was talking about is from consignment stores, such as Michaels in NYC, and their videos comparing fake from real Chanel bags. So these videos should be ok??

Do the superfakes also come with a fake receipt/invoice from the Chanel store??

I am waiting for a Classic Flap M/L in lambskin that I bought on Vestiare Collective. A friend of mine has a real Chanel Classic flap M/L in caviar that she bought in the Chanel store in London. If I would compare these 2 bags and really look at the details would I be able to tell if mine was I superfake??
All the superfakes I have seen on pictures have had some detail that was wrong, even if you had to look for a long time. Is there superfakes were nothing is wrong compare to the real ones?? Of course the quality should be wrong and maybe the leather??

I am thinking of sending my bag that I ordered at Vestiare Collective when I get it next tuesday. I do not know if I can take risk of paying €3000 for a fake Chanel.

Receipts can be easily faked.

Hi again. I really need help. I recieved my Classic M/L flap in lambskin today and it is beautiful!! Smooth leather like butter and very well made :smile: But of course I am looking for something that tells me if it could be a superfake. I found 3 things which I would like to know if it is "normal" and if it could be a fake.
1. The white dot on the authenticy card has a cc hologram and the one on mine is not perfectly centered.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1429030247.173528.jpg
2. The nob for the turnlock cc on the bag is not perfectly centered
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1429030309.573653.jpg
3. The text Chanel Paris on the push-button is upside down...
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1429030397.790344.jpg
I am not sure if this could be right on a authentic bag from 2014?? The bag looks great but I do not know...

Please please you girls out there with medium flap bags, please help me!!

The bag is a fake, the only thing they cant fake perfectly is the authenticity card, to be more precise that round dot.
Check the dot carefully when you tilt the bag to the left it should be silver when you tilt it to the right it should be a light gold
The other things you noted could easily happen to real chanel bags, not 2 chanel bags will be identical .

Last edited:
Reactions: ne7