Beware of ShoesUSA.com!

dragonette

Jessica Val
O.G.
May 16, 2008
In my quest for my perfect simple black wedges to replace my current ones which are getting worn to death, I found this site that does customised designs. I was so happy to find them!

So I sent them an email last year before Christmas, inquiring prices and details. The owner, Kris K, replied. I was quoted US$185 for my first pair, based on the specifications I gave, which included a 4.5mm poron insole (for added comfort) that costs US$15.

I let this matter sit for awhile over the festive season while I considered it. Shipping to Singapore would be about US$50 per pair.

The BF is in NYC over the next week and I thought, why not ship to NYC?

So I got in touch with Kris again and asked if she could get a pair to NYC before 19 Jan. She said yes, with an additional rush order charge of US$25. She also re-quoted me US$195 for the same pair I have inquired about before. I didn’t object to it.

Now, when the time came to make the payment (and we were cutting it close, because she wasn’t the fastest at replying my emails), she suddenly said she had to add US$15 for the 4.5mm poron insoles. The Paypal invoice she sent to me turned out to be US$235 (US$195 for the shoes, US$25 rush order charge, US$15 for the insoles)!

When I questioned this, Kris then replied that she has decided not to take my order! WTF!

Sounds to me like they are in the habit of blatantly overcharging people! And when you question it, they just cut you off to avoid the issue! Un-friggin-believable!

Rawr!

Has anyone ever bought from them before? Can anyone recommend another customiser with better service? :sad: All I want is a plain black wedge, with a black cork or rubber wedge bottom, plain black leather upper that looks like "Cassidy" on ShoesUSA.com. The bottom I was going to pick was the 450 with a 4 inch height (as seen on the "Wraps" wedge).