BEWARE of really GOOD FAKE Signature Stripe Satchel......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry guys but the so-called "leather" trims really REEKED of "man-made" leather (like the plastic belts you find at Walmart - yes, I have one and it smelled just like it). I sniffed ALL my other Coach bags and I've never had any of my purses REEK of that smell - and I've got 30 Coach bags.

Yea, at first, I was thinking maybe this was just a "not so perfect" Coach bag but I've just never gotten one that SMELLED so badly. Have any of you?

You're all right, by APPEARANCE, it looks really really authentic and that's what I thought, too. But the SMELL just wouldn't go away even after 3 days.

No, there were no Dillards "sticker" on the price tag.

Everyone who has this bag, does your "leather" trim smell like plastic? Also, the zip pull on the inside, was it labelled "YKK"? This bag's didn't - it had an "A" on it.

I'm sorry guys but the so-called "leather" trims really REEKED of "man-made" leather (like the plastic belts you find at Walmart - yes, I have one and it smelled just like it). I sniffed ALL my other Coach bags and I've never had any of my purses REEK of that smell.

Yea, at first, I was thinking maybe this was just a "not so perfect" Coach bag but I've just never gotten one that SMELLED so badly. Have any of you?

Everyone that has this bag, does your "leather" trim smell like plastic?
I don't have this bag, but I just got a bleecker checkbook wallet from coach that had that smell. I've let it air out and it's not as bad, but I'm still trying to sell it on ebay. However, if you have ANY doubt, I would get your money back. It looks authentic to me though. Hope this helps.

^^ I am sniffing my bag right now and it smells like leather. I guess I would have to smell it to know what you are talking about. By comparing the photos the bag looks real, looks just like mine.

I once had an authentic accordion wallet that smelled like a cross between cheap plastic and stale rice cereal to me. It was authentic, as I purchased it from a boutique. :shrugs:

I have this signature stripe bag:
1502146483458080_1.jpg

And I believe it has the same thin straps...and i do see what you mean they have a different smell to them

So the only thing off about it is the smell? It could have just been packaged weird and picked something up. My Signature Stripe Tote has the same straps and they don't smell very leather-y, not as much as my other bags.

DSCN0227.jpg

This is a pic of my bag and the stitching is straight. I think the pics tell one story looking at the auction. but if Jessis saying it was "off" in terms of the feel and smell of the leather, then I think she was right to return it for piece of mind. I believe she stated this is the 2nd time this has happened to her. I love EBAY but I'm really starting to get leary myself.

The fakes are getting VERY good so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.