Beware of Longchamp bags from Magnums.net

I just wanted to share my shady magnums.net shopping experience with you all. I normally don't post on forums, but I am appalled at the quality of the Longchamp bag I received from magnums, especially after reading so many glowing reviews on this website.

After researching and reading the almost unanimously positive reviews of magnums.net on this forum, I went ahead and bought a medium Longchamp Pliage bag in beige. When it arrived, it looked and felt nothing like my two other authentic Pliage bags that I bought in Longchamp stores in France and Switzerland. In fact, the zipper and the buttons aren't even the same color hardware! See attachment: the zipper is pewter and the buttons are gold! I also noticed that the bag is not double-lined like my authentic Longchamps - it's only one layer of thick and rather stiff nylon.

There could be two reasons for the atrocious quality. The tag on the inside reads Made in China, and I am well aware that Longchamp is outsourcing production due to high demand. However, foreign made or not, Longchamp still maintains standards for its bags, no matter where they are made. I doubt that this bag, with its glaring deficiencies (most notably the hardware), would make it past Longchamp's factory quality controls, and then make it past a set of quality controls at Magnums. A more plausible explanation is that Magnums does not sell authentic Longchamp bags. Listen, I'm not against fakes (it's your choice), but I am against paying real prices for fake bags. I'm mad that I got duped into buying this bag for a high price, and although I will get a refund, it still hurts my pride to spend an additional $8 sending it back.

Either way, be warned of doing business with Magnums. Although their coupons may seem enticing, don't pay authentic prices for poor or fake bags.

OMG I would kill for LV & Bal to have $118 as a high price! In my dreams I suppose lol

ladies, OP never returned so I think we are
:btdh::btdh::btdh:

I do agree with OP that this season of Longchamp Pliage is lower quality. The leather does have a finish that feels as plastic, but that does not make it fake.

My two Longchamp pliage bags purchased through Magnums (small and medium), are the same quality as my Longchamp large short handle purchased in Harrods London. I had no problems with my orders, and received very quickly.

i bought my first 7 pcs of longchamp just 3 dyas ago and became curious after reading the first allegations... is tht right MADE in China? please anyone... the reason why i didnt buy to longchap website atleast to save bec.magnums offered sales on discontinued items...please let me know is it MADE inChina ? ( i have no against but see the price it's expensive than i bought in france)

just having an exchange email from the magnums.net.. i will share this since we are all concerns regarding "Beware issue"

Hi Florie:

Thank you for sending us the post. Can I ask you where it was posted?

We have been an authorized Longchamp retailer for over 6 years and sell nothing but authentic Longchamp products. In fact all branded products in our retail store in Port Washington and on the Web are genuine and authentic.

We have grown to become the largest independent retailer of Longchamp products on the USA. our store, Sands Point Shop, is in fact, listed on the Longchamp site as an authorized retailer.

As the poster noted, as the brand has grown (and possibly due to economic factors) Longchamp has outsourced some of its production to China. We have noticed that the Asian produced products are mixed in with those made in France. An example is we may get a delivery of medium bags in navy, made both in France and in China.

Unfortunately we have no control of where their bags are made. We cannot order bags ONLY produced in France. We order, they deliver, we sell.

In some instances we have noticed a difference in the nylon from one plant to the next. The poster is probably right in that she sees a difference in the quality of the older bag and they one she ordered from us. She may not be happy with the quality, but it is genuine Longchamp. She was able to return the product; we accept returns for 30 days after receipt of delivery.

Longchamp is aware of this issue as we and I’m sure others have voiced our concern. The president of Longchamp USA will have this email in her inbox shortly.

I hope this answers your concerns. Please feel free to email me at any time or call me directly at 888-321-9477.

Thanks,

I ommitted the name.

sorry, but that is not right. We are not all having issue. Most tPF ladies have had nothing but good experiences with Magnums.

Exactly. I have had nothing but great experiences with magnums. they sell authentic longchamp, period. I have no concerns at all about the authenticity of the bags they sell.

I must also give a thumps up to to Magnums. I've ordered 3 bags from them and been very happy. I did have one issue, they sent me a messenger bag in the wrong color once, but quickly corrected their mistake when I brought it to their attention. I'd order from them again without hesitation.

I wish they were upfront in informing whether the item is in stock..a few days after placing my order I receive an email that it is back ordered for 4-6 weeks..not sure whether to cancel or wait..
Neiman Marcus put that on their website!

I wish they were upfront in informing whether the item is in stock..a few days after placing my order I receive an email that it is back ordered for 4-6 weeks..not sure whether to cancel or wait..
Neiman Marcus put that on their website!

That's disappointing...I had the same experience with Dooney & Bourke but I was never even notified of the backorder. I ended up waiting more than four months!

IME Magnums is usually pretty good about that though. I just ordered a bag from them today, and it said very clearly in bold font at the top of the product page that it's back-ordered for 5-7 weeks, so I didn't expect it immediately. Even so, I got an email within 2 hours of my order confirming the back order and apologizing.

i also got an email saying my order was on backorder.

i ordered the medium tree of life last saturday and yesterday i got the email. now i dont know if i should cancel or not.