Beware of Gold Coach Fobs

purse-cursed

My HG changes daily
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
So I thought about posting about this after I had to return my beautiful Daphne Multi Mix Keyfob.. after a couple weeks just hanging on my Zoe, the gold plating on the backs of the charms was wearing off from rubbing on the others (was silver underneath). It was the first fob I bought full price and I was so disappointed.

Fast forward to now, 2 more incidents made me decide to post! You can see one of the links on the sphere fob has discolored, which I didn't notice until someone I sold it to complained, so I had them return it.

The 3rd is the locket keychain, which is cracking all over the front!

Needless to say, I won't be buying any more.. 3 strikes I'm out.

029.jpg

136.jpg

^OT the white audrey is so pretty!

i think, the gold key fobs are the same material as jewelry? gold plated..also has the tendency to rub off

:sad: most of my fobs are silver..but only cos they mostly put out silver fobs and not gold..i guess this is why..

this isn't happening with all of the brass fobs I have..just mentioning this is a gold plateing thing..sorry it happen... with their gold plated jewelry i wear it over as weater and bangles only for a short time then wipe clean before putting them up

I have the same gold locket fob and it was doing the same thing so I scraped off the top coating. I used stainless steel tweesers on the flat side. Worked great it & it didn't even scratch up at all. Here is a pic... the red/black at the bottom of the fob is the reflection of my camera.. LOL....

picture.php