Beware - Change Your PP & E*Bay Passwords Routinely

50wishes

O.G.
Dec 29, 2009
Happy Memorial Day All,
Last week was horrible. I had a minimal amount of funds in my PP account and someone hacked into my account. They depleted the funds on Sunday (last week) morning with a transaction for shipping through the USPS. On Mondaymorning I received 4 emails in a 30 minute period and through those transactions my account was a minus $300. I got really concerned because I knew my credit card and bank account was linked to PP. Fortunately I caught it and immediately alerted my credit card companny. The debits, however, did hit my bank account but I reported it immediately and submitted the paperwork to get it corrected. Once the investigation is completed, NO MORE E*BAY OR PP. Actually, I've sold everything I could possible get rid of except a bunch of knitting books (I'll find a used book store that might be interested). All this to say, change your passwords on a routine basis for security. When this mess is over I'm closing and deleting both accounts.

Mar 10, 2007
I was thinking about closing my eBay account sometime soon...I had closed my PayPal account after the thread about the Birkin. Thanks for pushing me off the fence to finally do it. It's just getting so that the risks far exceed any reward I would get from maintaining an account there.

ashleyjena

O.G.
May 8, 2010
my ebay account has never been hacked but i am super careful when receiving emails from ebay. also, creating an ebay new ebay account is super easy even if you've been suspended before.

Me too, I find that both Ebay and Paypal scammers are able to create emails that look astonishingly similar to actual Ebay or Paypal emails, I generally just don't read any emails from them, and instead check my ebay account for alerts, and if there are some, then I call ebay to get it sorted out.

50wishes

O.G.
Dec 29, 2009
I was thinking about closing my eBay account sometime soon...I had closed my PayPal account after the thread about the Birkin. Thanks for pushing me off the fence to finally do it. It's just getting so that the risks far exceed any reward I would get from maintaining an account there.

I agree, the risk is greater than the reward! Thanks for your kind message.

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
Did you open a phish link? Or did they just somehow get into your account? Scary indeed.
Happy Memorial Day All,
Last week was horrible. I had a minimal amount of funds in my PP account and someone hacked into my account. They depleted the funds on Sunday (last week) morning with a transaction for shipping through the USPS. On Mondaymorning I received 4 emails in a 30 minute period and through those transactions my account was a minus $300. I got really concerned because I knew my credit card and bank account was linked to PP. Fortunately I caught it and immediately alerted my credit card companny. The debits, however, did hit my bank account but I reported it immediately and submitted the paperwork to get it corrected. Once the investigation is completed, NO MORE E*BAY OR PP. Actually, I've sold everything I could possible get rid of except a bunch of knitting books (I'll find a used book store that might be interested). All this to say, change your passwords on a routine basis for security. When this mess is over I'm closing and deleting both accounts.