Between the finger ring: Van Cleef & Arpels Perlée vs Frivole

Perlée btf ring vs Frivole btf ring

• Total voters

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
I am having a very hard time deciding between Perlée between the finger (btf) ring and the frivole btf ring.

I’d like to take my time to make sure I find the piece that I will enjoy for years to come.

I have tried the Perlée but not the Frivole. I fell for the Perlée when I tried it in person. However, looking at photos after the fact, I am not sure, especially when my friend asked me why I’d want two round pieces sticking out of my fingers? Lol :huh:

As for Frivole btf ring, I have seen seen numerous posts on it and also absolutely love the design (and price). I am concerned though that I wouldn’t be able to wear the Frivole on as many occasions as I’d like to, whereas the Perlée is understated yet elegant.

Here is a photo of the Perlée btf on my finger. Love the translucency of the carnelian.
2068BBB1-C91C-41D7-B1E9-48BB3D54EAD9.jpeg

Reactions: cutey TT
I absolutely love the perlée btf ring. It is simple and understated yet quite elegant and unique imo. ”The two round pieces sticking out of your fingers” look beautiful on your hand lol.

The frivole is beautiful as well and more popular.

Let us know what you decide!

Reactions: Meowwu
I do not own the solid gold version but have the same in WG pave, so I might be a bit biased towards frivole. I feel the frivole might stand the test of time better than the '2 dots sticking out between your fingers' :P. It also has more presence. For the prices VCA charges, I think some presence isn't a bad thing. The only negative I can think of for the Frivole would be its 3D petals. Compared to the 2 dots, it may get caught on things easier if you are not careful.

The frivole is more classic VCA.
It’s also very pretty!!
Agreed. I think Frivole is very classic and shouts VCA. I am slightly worried that I would not be willing to pull the trigger with the perlee later on when the price hikes way too high. Sigh. If only VCA pieces would stay the same then we wouldn’t need to have these conundrums and heartaches.

I absolutely love the perlée btf ring. It is simple and understated yet quite elegant and unique imo. ”The two round pieces sticking out of your fingers” look beautiful on your hand lol.

The frivole is beautiful as well and more popular.

Let us know what you decide!
Lol! I love translucent carnelian! It’s soothing. But frivole is also so charming.

The decision is going to be hard . :sad: currently I have the Perlée on hold at the old price but at the end of the day, it’s not the savings that matter to me but finding the one that I’d enjoy more.

I am also worried that I’d eventually end up with both. Lol. Sigh.

Reactions: Rami00
I do not own the solid gold version but have the same in WG pave, so I might be a bit biased towards frivole. I feel the frivole might stand the test of time better than the '2 dots sticking out between your fingers' :P. It also has more presence. For the prices VCA charges, I think some presence isn't a bad thing. The only negative I can think of for the Frivole would be its 3D petals. Compared to the 2 dots, it may get caught on things easier if you are not careful.
Lol. Yes. I agree on the “money for the bang” theory. I haven’t tried the Frivole in person. WG pave sounds tdf!!! :heart:
Did you find your wg frivole caught in items? I guess with the yg there is also the added concern for scratches. :confused1:

Reactions: gagabag
May I ask what you intend to wear this ring for? If for formal dress ring, then the frivole pave btf ring. Otherwise, for daily casual, I was going to suggest other btf rings.

Not a fan of the perlee btf rings, sorry to say.

What other pieces of jewellery do u currently have? You can use that as a starting point to see which one complements your existing collection and lifestyle.

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
I love the frivole. I likely won’t buy the all gold version though since I worry about scratches. I am very careless with my jewelry and I can see it being all scratched up after one use and that would bother me on that particular piece. I think it is an easy piece for casual wear which was what I wanted it for. I have not tried the perlee.

Reactions: Meowwu
May I ask what you intend to wear this ring for? If for formal dress ring, then the frivole pave btf ring. Otherwise, for daily casual, I was going to suggest other btf rings.

Not a fan of the perlee btf rings, sorry to say.

What other pieces of jewellery do u currently have? You can use that as a starting point to see which one complements your existing collection and lifestyle.

I would like something I can wear whenever I feel like so not strictly categorizing the rings for formal or casual use, but the ring should be wearable for formal occasions too.

A lot of people don’t like the Perlée btf ring. Lol.

I have a lot of custom made jewelry and some miscellaneous pieces from Hermes. As for VCA, I have LE holiday alhambra necklace, mini Frivole pave and perlee signature bangle.

I have narrowed down my search to perlée and fro ole btf rings because of my existing piece.