Better to purchase preloved and doctor it?

Punkkitten

O.G.
Sep 12, 2009
Hello all, so I have LEPT on the Balenciaga train with guests.
I would love my next acquisition to be a red hip. There is a preloved giant rose thulian hip for sale. I have dyed bags before, so I would probably dye this was orange red as I could. Would it be worth it (I love love projects and am no stranger to dying leather) to purchase and dye, or sit and wait for a red hip to reveal itself and probably a much higher cost?
@ksuromax I Think i saw you did this to a rose thulian bal.

**I am also nervous about a state shut down so would love to have a project(s) to work on in case that happens**

ksuromax

MADBAGGER
Authenticator
Feb 9, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Hello all, so I have LEPT on the Balenciaga train with guests.
I would love my next acquisition to be a red hip. There is a preloved giant rose thulian hip for sale. I have dyed bags before, so I would probably dye this was orange red as I could. Would it be worth it (I love love projects and am no stranger to dying leather) to purchase and dye, or sit and wait for a red hip to reveal itself and probably a much higher cost?
@ksuromax I Think i saw you did this to a rose thulian bal.

**I am also nervous about a state shut down so would love to have a project(s) to work on in case that happens**
yes, i did, I bought a Day which looked like a warm orange-y red but turned out to be a Rose Thulian upon arrival.
I used it a bit, but finally decided i need a different shade, and re-dyed it.
I used acrylic paint, and i like the result.
I didn't take the pics of the process, but i have before and after ones :smile:

Punkkitten

O.G.
Sep 12, 2009
I love the vermillion coloring!
I have actual leather dye that I would use. Most likely a mix of red and orange. I think I may just take the plunge and purchase it. It has giant hardware which is fun for something different..and like I said, I love a good project
Thanks for the pics and response @ksuromax