Better Call Saul - new season, April 10

edollasign

Shoe addict
O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
DTW to DEN
Gus from BrBa is one of my all time favorite characters from the series! I only watched part of Saul season 1, I couldn't get in to it like Breaking Bad.... do you think I could pick up Season 3 without watching the rest of Better Call Saul?

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
Gus from BrBa is one of my all time favorite characters from the series! I only watched part of Saul season 1, I couldn't get in to it like Breaking Bad.... do you think I could pick up Season 3 without watching the rest of Better Call Saul?
oh I love Gus too!!!!!

Trying to think back to season 2 which developed Saul and his brother's relationship, I think you might be OK skipping it? There's a lot of backstory on Mike in season 2 (who I also love)...

Season 2 for the record was better than season 1 in my opinion. I can see how you could have lost interest. But I would try it again? Solid storytelling and acting...

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
the boonies of illinois
oh I love Gus too!!!!!

Trying to think back to season 2 which developed Saul and his brother's relationship, I think you might be OK skipping it? There's a lot of backstory on Mike in season 2 (who I also love)...

Season 2 for the record was better than season 1 in my opinion. I can see how you could have lost interest. But I would try it again? Solid storytelling and acting...
I agree, I had to force myself to watch Season 1, so dark and that awful brother. Season 2 filled in holes about Saul, I'm looking forward to Season 3, this show will never be another BrBa, but it is still good. I want to see what finally pushed Saul to the dark side because he is really a sweet guy.

Reactions: katran26

sthrncin

I Love Soft Leather!
May 4, 2012
Love love Better Call Saul!! Last night show is totally worth it. Tired of how Chuck treats Jimmy tho.

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Love love Better Call Saul!! Last night show is totally worth it. Tired of how Chuck treats Jimmy tho.
It will be interesting to see what plan he has to hurt Jimmy with the tape. That look Chuck had after arranging for Ernie to "accidentally" hear it was almost diabolical.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
The pace is a little slow for me, but I think they'll make up for it maybe next episode - the preview looked intense!

Apr 26, 2006
I love this show! I binge watched the first 2 seasons again over the weekend... also so far I'm loving season 3!!

loves

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
I love Kim and Jimmy together. Already feel a sense of foreboding because Jimmy was obviously single in Breaking Bad. I want and not want to see what will break them apart.

The scriptwriting was exquisite for Chicanery episode 5.

Down to how Huell was younger and "slimmer" for this timeline. *mindblown*

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I love Kim and Jimmy together. Already feel a sense of foreboding because Jimmy was obviously single in Breaking Bad. I want and not want to see what will break them apart.

The scriptwriting was exquisite for Chicanery episode 5.

Down to how Huell was younger and "slimmer" for this timeline. *mindblown*
I know what you mean. Unfortunately, as great as they are together you can tell Kim's involvement with Jimmy is pulling her down. I kind of dread Jimmy turning into Saul now, because I hate to see him completely lose the compassion he has. Then again, I suppose the "face" he showed to Walt and Jesse could have been one of his exaggerated personas, since we know he's always been a bit of a showman. That's my hope at least.

Reactions: loves

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
the boonies of illinois
I know what you mean. Unfortunately, as great as they are together you can tell Kim's involvement with Jimmy is pulling her down. I kind of dread Jimmy turning into Saul now, because I hate to see him completely lose the compassion he has. Then again, I suppose the "face" he showed to Walt and Jesse could have been one of his exaggerated personas, since we know he's always been a bit of a showman. That's my hope at least.
As I watched Chicanery, I kept on saying "but Jimmy, you did all this stuff! Chuck is a jerk but you did some bad stuff."

As for Chuck's electricity allergy, I had some experience with a woman in our town that was trying to get the "smart" meters installed on our electric meters banned. She came to a meeting with handouts and said how electricity affects us all badly and if we were to get rid of our microwaves (!) we would notice that we felt better, a "hum" that we never noticed would disappear--she went on and on.