Betsey Johnson dress sizing?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I want to buy a dress by Betsey Johnson for my boyfriend's cousin's wedding, but I am not sure as to what size I should buy. I have checked the measurements and I am supposed to be an 8, but comparing to other brands I usually go down a size and so I'm a 6. I wear 6 for everything, basically.

I don't think there are any places here that carry her dresses so I can't try the sizes on personally.

So, my question is, do Betsey Johnson dresses run small, large, or is the sizing pretty accurate?

TIA!

Oh and this is the dress I was looking at!

[​IMG]

2. Love the dress! Her dresses run a size smaller, I'm a size 6 also & for my work x-mas party back in Dec. I purchased a Betsey Johnson dress & the size 6 was too small so I got a 8 & it fit like a glove. Hope this helps & good luck!

3. Thanks nana! I guess I'll have to go for an 8 after all!

4. If you have a size B chest or smaller they should be TTS, if you have a large B or bigger order one size up :smile:

5. I normally wear a 6 in regular clothes and a 4 in dresses (no idea why) and I have one of her dresses in a 4. I think they probably run fairly true to size. You could just do what I do all the time and order both sizes and return the one that didn't work! :smile:

6. Her stuff does tend to run small...I believe I went a size up for my dresses.

7. I agree, I think the bust is the only area that runs small.

8. Great choice! That is such a cute dress :smile:

Can't really help you with sizing though.

9. oh that is adorable!!!

I am usually an 8 in dresses and I ordered a 10 and it fit perfect.

10. Thanks guys! I think my bust is kind of big for my overall body size so I think I'll definitely have to go up a size if the bust area runs small...

11. I usually wear a 0 or one in other brands but for betsey johnson I have to go up to a size two. Maybe that's because I'm canadian and our sizing is a little different than American sizing
    I think you should assume they run a little big if anything. They definatley don't run small in comparison to brands like tna and talula.

12. it all depends on the dress i find. most of the time its tts, i am a size 6. i do, however, have a couple dresses that wound up being a size 2. i have nooooooooo idea why. they are not even stretchy. and i am way far from being a 2. i love betsey!

13. Order the larger size. You can always have it tailored to fit you better, much harder to do if it is too small, KWIM?