Betrayal in the Winfrey Empire!

maybe it won't be as bad/revealing as people are automatically assuming.
I used to live 3 doors down from him a couple of years agoe, where he currently lives, in a beautiful Franklin, TN neighborhood.
I've seen her on his front porch in a robe and rollers.
They are pretty close, I can't assume this will be bad until I see or hear more.
That's so interesting! Do you have any other stories? :yes:

no, not really anymore stories.
The house was pretty nice, the whole neighborhood was pretty spectacular though. The neighborhood is a Georgian/Colonial type of style for the most part, lots of brick and columns and on this particular side of the neighborhood, the homes were very spacious.
His is 3 full stories, the bottom being a full walk out basement backing up to nature, I could see the back of his house from mine.
I wish I had known they were going to be taping that weekend.
I drove by and saw her leaning on a porch column in a robe drinking coffee and about drove off the road! LOL!
That night she knocked on doors. . . I missed it:cry:

He is a little reseverved, but friendly, and I think at that point he may staill have/have had his little barber shop she's talked about.

There was always a ton of cards there, I think he had a lot of family living w/ him.
I would too if I, and my family, grew up very poor and my billionaire DD bought me a new home. I'd move everyone in! :biggrin:

I'll Google the neighborhood and see if I can find a link.

^^ great link! when I was in Nashville last month on business I snuk away for a quick drive into Franklin and LOVED IT.

Back to topic, I don't blame Oprah for being weirded out about her Dad writing a book. Believe me, I hope my Dad would never want to write a book about me (I love my Dad, don't get me wrong).

^^it was too rural for me.
It was GORGEOUS, but the neast grocery store was 10-15 minutes and the shopping wasn't very good just 4 years ago.
I think Green Hills recently got an LV, so it's improving, but I NEED convenience and as beautiful as it was, convenient it was not!

here's the neighborhood:
http://www.laurelbrooketn.com/vision

just looking makes me want to go for a visit, it's beautiful there.
Wow. The houses are so big... no wonder he may have family living with him. He wouldn't need such a huge home just for himself.

I remember seeing him at his barber shop, on one of O's shows... and for some reason, I thought his home would be as humble as he appeared to be. That's how much I know... :lol:

I like to be walking distance from the subway, bank, etc. I can see why you said it might be too rural.

^it probably was VERY humble before she plopped him into the McMansion!

Yeah, it seemed like I was driving forever to get anywhere, especially if I wanted to go to more than one place.
The weather and geography was spectacular, I wish it felt more like home to me, it was beautiful.

^^ Would anywhere in TN feel like home to you? I have a bizarre fascination with TN, for some reason, and always say I want to move there. Of course, it probably isn't for me, since I have lived in a huge, multicultural, metropolitan city (with 2.5 million people... 5 million, if you count the burbs) my whole life and I don't think TN has anything even close. Nevertheless, I love, love that part of the country. :yes:

Where are you from originally?