Betrayal - ABC

j0yc3

i <3 bags!
O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
Is anyone else watching this show? I watched all 4 episodes over the weekend and for some reason I am to this family drama lol.

So far I am liking it and hoping it gets picked up for a full season. :smile:

Feb 19, 2011
I have enjoyed watching it too, my only gripe so far is that I just don't find the storyline between Jack and Sarah that good or convincing, in some scenes she just looks bored even with him! And the first episode didn't really set up a good convincing reason for her to start this affair. I do however love Stuart Townsend and I love his character and the whole crime family is basically saving this show.

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
hmm, just watched the first episode...yes, I know I'm late to this ballgame.

I have to say I found the 'love story' a bit hard to swallow, but understand that they were force feeding it to us in order to get to the juicy part - the case.

I'm going to watch episode 2 and hope I like it but I'm nervous to get invested in this show as I honestly wonder if it'll get a second season. :thinking:

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
hmm, just watched the first episode...yes, I know I'm late to this ballgame.

I have to say I found the 'love story' a bit hard to swallow, but understand that they were force feeding it to us in order to get to the juicy part - the case.

I'm going to watch episode 2 and hope I like it but I'm nervous to get invested in this show as I honestly wonder if it'll get a second season. :thinking:

Same here, I had heard that it did not pull in the ratings ABC expected. I have found it interesting though. And I feel so bad for TJ, I think there is a ton of back story pertaining to his accident. And I wonder if the garage owner is on the up and up...he seems to be but looks like his partner is up to no good with that gun.

Sarah definitely needs to be on People Magazine's Most Beautiful list.

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
Same here, I had heard that it did not pull in the ratings ABC expected. I have found it interesting though. And I feel so bad for TJ, I think there is a ton of back story pertaining to his accident. And I wonder if the garage owner is on the up and up...he seems to be but looks like his partner is up to no good with that gun.

Sarah definitely needs to be on People Magazine's Most Beautiful list.

Just finished catching up.

This show has just enough drama to keep me watching even though I remain skeptical about its future. :P It was up in ratings from the previous week but its not doing as well as it probably needs to if it wants to avoid the bear.

I think I kept waiting for the web to unravel and it looks like something is about to go down in the next episode and I, for one, will be watching.

As for TJ, I don't feel sorry for him at all. I don't think he's as bad off cognitively as he puts on. Remember the scene in the police station? I think he knows what he's doing. He likely plays it up for his dad and has an evil scheme against his pops and the lawyer/cheater guy.

I will say, the cheater lady having a 'panic attack' (or whatever that was) at the retirement party was hard to relate to. As a matter of fact, I keep finding too many things about this show unbelievable. The producers are forcing me to make far too many mental leaps due to what was probably edited out. Or maybe I just can't relate to how easy it was for the two of them to fall in lust and have their affair. The more I think about it, the more questions I have, so let me stop so this show doesn't become another one I axe off my watch list, lol!

Oh, the garage story .... where are they going with it? Too many questions.

Will keep watching for now.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
Here is article about the poor ratings, and speculation Betrayal may be next. Why don't networks do what they used to....change nights and see if it does better in a new slot. What else is on Sunday night at 10pm that this slot is the killer of death for ABC? The cable shows maybe? here you can see ratings for just about every network and every show

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/abc-tv-show-ratings-for-2013-14-season-30249/

I am wondering if perhaps this would have been a better summer filler show

Last edited:

j0yc3

i <3 bags!
O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
Here is article about the poor ratings, and speculation Betrayal may be next. Why don't networks do what they used to....change nights and see if it does better in a new slot. What else is on Sunday night at 10pm that this slot is the killer of death for ABC? The cable shows maybe? here you can see ratings for just about every network and every show

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/abc-tv-show-ratings-for-2013-14-season-30249/

I am wondering if perhaps this would have been a better summer filler show

I totally agree about this show being a summer filler! I would also add 666 on that list, lol.

I'm glad I am not the only one skeptical re Jack and Sarah's affair. I'm sure it happens all the time lol but I just really don't find it believable, especially as soon as they both found out that it will be Jack vs Drew in the courtroom.

I am looking forward to next week's episode when the hubby reacts about Sarah's affair, and the ways he are bound to do to find out with who..