"Bethenny Ever After" -- February 2011 Bravo

double that and it still wouldn't be enough to live in NY. once taxes come out of it, it's nothing.

she has no strong reason to stay, bethany hit it big...i hope she gave her some kind of bonus when the deal was done.

Not true. When I was an assistant (years ago), I made less than that and lived in a 2br condo (no roomates, no trust fund from mommy and daddy). I still live in the same condo. I know plenty of people that make what Julie makes and live in really nice places (no roomates), eat out all the time at nice restaurants, wear great clothes, and also do not get money from mommy/daddy. It's all about how you manage your money and also getting great huge apartments in another borough.

My ex boyfriend lives in an amazing 3br apartment in Harlem (dirt cheap rent and also lives alone). Yes he makes alot of money, but someone who makes even less than $55K could easily swing the rent.

Finally saw the episode. Sad to see Julie go. She is really sweet and is the voice of reason!

It will be interesting to see whether Jason is going to quit his job and seriously work in Beth's business. Is he going to work with Beth like a business partner or more like an employee? The dual role of being a husband and partner/employee will be challenging. How will this business dynamic affect their personal relationship, make them closer or further apart?

Last edited:
I don't think Jason joining her business is a good idea.

They already have tension as a married couple. Just imagine the tension working together 24/7. Jason and Bethenny need their space. Maybe in about 5-10 years when the business is in full-swing and their marriage has passed the 7 year itch, they should re-think the option. But now isn't a good time.

If she wasn't making enough she'd have left sooner,

I dunno, when Julie started working for her, Bethenny couldn't pay her, even when she got to the point to be able to pay her it wasn't much. Julie begged to work for Bethenny.

She doesn't strike me as the type to jump ship because of the money. because if that was the case, she would have left a long time ago. But, what do we know :lol:

Not true. When I was an assistant (years ago), I made less than that and lived in a 2br condo (no roomates, no trust fund from mommy and daddy). I still live in the same condo. I know plenty of people that make what Julie makes and live in really nice places (no roomates), eat out all the time at nice restaurants, wear great clothes, and also do not get money from mommy/daddy. It's all about how you manage your money and also getting great huge apartments in another borough.

My ex boyfriend lives in an amazing 3br apartment in Harlem (dirt cheap rent and also lives alone). Yes he makes alot of money, but someone who makes even less than $55K could easily swing the rent.

i can't really get my head around it, but maybe not driving a car is where the savings would be.

Well, we know that Julie was named Brynn's godmother, these 2 are obviously close. We watched Bethenny look back on their history together and appreciate how Julie has always been there for her. People don't stick around for long if they aren't getting something out of it. We know that Bethenny likes to treat her girls to dinners and trips, etc. . . she doesn't seem stingy to me.

I agree, Jason needs his own lane here :nono: Most husbands and wives couldn't work together.

She doesn't seem stingy, but she doesn't seem like the type that would pay a whole lot. Like you said, she loves to treat them to trips, spa days, etc. But honestly, trips and spa trips don't pay the bills. I'd need CASH MONEY!

And is a vacation with Bethenney and the family, really a vacation?

i can't really get my head around it, but maybe not driving a car is where the savings would be.

There are some great apartments in the outer boroughs. You don't have to live in the city to make it here.

I will say, I never though Bethenny was truly broke. She lived in a $6K a month apartment (on the upper east side). That is NOT broke. Broke is living in a rat infested apartment in Spanish Harlem, East New York (brooklyn) or Alphabet city

I dunno, when Julie started working for her, Bethenny couldn't pay her, even when she got to the point to be able to pay her it wasn't much. Julie begged to work for Bethenny.

She doesn't strike me as the type to jump ship because of the money. because if that was the case, she would have left a long time ago. But, what do we know :lol:

She stayed for contacts. Bethenny always had contacts, even before she was on Real Housewives, she had a lot of connections.

There are some great apartments in the outer boroughs. You don't have to live in the city to make it here.

I will say, I never though Bethenny was truly broke. She lived in a $6K a month apartment (on the upper east side). That is NOT broke. Broke is living in a rat infested apartment in Spanish Harlem, East New York (brooklyn) or Alphabet city

wasn't there talk/rumor of her man friends paying for her living?