Best way to take photos of your bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I need a little advice. I am trying to take really great photos my bags because I want to put them up on Ebay. I cant seem to find the right setting to get the best quality of the little details of the inside tags, serial numbers and close ups of the leather. I thought I saw a thread some time ago with detailed instructions on how to take pictures but I cant seem to find it.

Any suggestions??:yahoo:

2. Use the macro setting (usually represented by a pic of a little flower) to photograph details and close ups.

3. i would recommend taking the picture indoors where there is sufficient lighting. turn OFF the flash, and take the picture on the auto setting. once you have a good picture of the whole bag and you want to take close ups, make sure to then set the camera to MACRO (there might be a little icon of a flower). don't get super duper close or the image will come out fuzzy. about 6 - 8 inches away should be good. macro makes the camera take sharper close-up shots, but it doesn't mean you'll need to be right up close to the object/label.

good luck! :smile:

4. Yes open blinds for full daylight, try not to have a multi coloured background as it distracts from main image and turn flash off then put macro/close up mode on and click away. Use zoom for getting small detail like hardware and labels.

5. Yes open blinds for full daylight, try not to have a multi coloured background as it distracts from main image and turn flash off then put macro/close up mode on and click away. Use zoom for getting small detail like hardware and labels.

6. Yep, I just listed 10-15 bags on eBay in the last hour (what a pain in the !@#) and all my pictures came out fantastic. They were taken right next to my window in natural lighting with no flash. It's by far the best way to go.

7. - take pictures in natural daylight only
    - never use the flash!!
    - for close ups of serial-numbers, date-codes, etc..use the macro setting!! (flower)
    - take several pics at a variety of angles, then choose the best one

8. Good suggestions! I see to have a similar problem when trying to take cloe-ups. I will definitely use the macro setting next time! PF gals are so smart :yes:

9. Thanks ladies...Im ready to start selling.:heart: