Best way to sell collection (need advice)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Hi everyone. It's been awhile but I've decided to sell my collection. It's not huge just 6 bags or so. I'm based in Canada and wanted to know who I should consign with. Input and advice from those who have had personal experience with different consigners would be appreciated. Any pitfalls I should know about? If you recommend or don't recommended a vendor can you tell me why? I've never sold before. Should I consider eBay at all? If so, what do I need to know? I have very limited experience selling there although the one bag I sold went really fast and it was a seamless transaction.

2. I personally don't like eBay because of buyers remorse and them wanting refunds based on claims that aren't true. When I sell a bag I want a quick and easy transaction. So definitely go through a consignment store or reseller.

MeganFox likes this.
  3. Fashionphile. The offer is low but you can't get much from eBay either nowadays.

k3720 and ccbaggirl89 like this.
  4. Yoogi's pays out better than Fashionphile for a direct sell (not sure about consignment.)

5. I have to agree with the rest of the folks; alas, consignment is the easiest way to go now. I've never dealt with Yoogi's per se, have heard both good & bad; have sold to Fashionphile .. and while not the most $$$, it was quick & simple. Depending on what you have, Ann's Fabulous Finds and/or Real Deal Collection is also a possibility, but I have found that they take some time in paying you.

6. Can't comment on consignment, haven't used those sites yet, though I probably will. A number of years ago, I sold a lot of bags on eBay, they sold fast, and usually for more than I'd hoped. Now, between eBay fees, Paypal fees, and the cost of mailing Priority with insurance, signature, etc.; I figure approx. 25% goes to the cost of selling. So, a bag that should sell for $750 should be priced at $1000, and they don't sell quickly, if at all. Plus, you have the anxiety of dealing with crazy buyers. The next time I sell, will definitely use one of the sites mentioned above.

7. fashionphile, in my experience. although recently they will not even consign bals and will only do a direct buyout b/c their profits are too low on the Bal bags. i sent maybe 6 in two months ago and they refused purchase for all - low buyouts only. it's always shocking to get a quote back...

8. I usually send pictures to fashionphile, Yoogi's closet and bag borrow or steal at the same time. They all come back with different prices so I sell my item to the company that offers the highest amount. I would stay away from eBay. You could potentially make more money on eBay but it's not worth the hassle of the crazy buyers

New Obsessions likes this.
  9. Hi, please do a search for existing threads, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.