Best Way to get dramatically whiter teeth

dentist office bleaching - if you want immediate/quick results they can achieve it in 2 sessions and you can whiten at home w/ trays to maintain.

I spoke with my dentist about this recently. I could get BriteSmile for $300, or at home custom trays for $200. They revommended the trays, as you can control how white your teeth get by doing multiple treatments. My dentist said I was already in the "white range", and I too want movie star white, but I ended up trying Crest Vivid Advanced whitening toothpaste for $4. I have noticed some improvement, enough to pacify me for a while. Give that toothpaste a try while your trying to decide on another method.

I had wonderful results with Crest White Strips. People constantly remark about how white my teeth look- even my dentist made a comment. I was so shocked because I never expected them to work THAT well.

dentist office bleaching - if you want immediate/quick results they can achieve it in 2 sessions and you can whiten at home w/ trays to maintain.
is the in office one like zoom? or are they trays you do in the office?

I had wonderful results with Crest White Strips. People constantly remark about how white my teeth look- even my dentist made a comment. I was so shocked because I never expected them to work THAT well.
which ones do you use? there are so many LOL

I think it depends on the brightness of your teeth now. I have pretty white teeth and most people comment on how white my teeth are. Just like above, even my dentist has commented. I occasionally use crest white strips if I feel that my teeth look a little stained.

Crest White Strips, and tanning (in a bed)- though that's probably not the best idea. I've heard a number of girls on another forum long ago swear up and down that the heat (or UV exposure, or whatever) made the crest strips work so much better.

Yes, Zoom or whatever your dentist likes. It'll work WAY faster than at home.
If your teeth are pretty white anyhow you may not get an obvious enough result by doing it at home. If your teeth aren't very white any whitening will be noticeable.
But if immediate results are what you want, the office is most extreme. My DH did it and his teeth were noticeably whiter after 1 visit. He was given trays to maintain.
I've always bleached my teeth, I use trays at home made by my dentist and I always using a whitening paste.
I recommend buying Sensodyne toothpaste and brushing it on and leaving it brushed on for a few minutes if they get sensitive.

I always get comments on how white my teeth are. I have never had them professionally whitened, I use crest white strips. I also use listerine pre-brush whitening rinse. I couldn't believe how well the white strips worked the first time I used them!

Contrary to previous posters' experiences, I didn't have much success with Crest whitestrips. I think it may be because my teeth are too white for them to be effective (but not white enough for me lol).

I, too, am often complimented on my white teeth, dentist included. I currently follow a pretty simple routine, but I find that if I deviate from it, my teeth are noticeably yellower in several days. My routine consists of brushing my teeth with Colgate Total Plus toothpaste until they FEEL clean (very important...sometimes this takes a while) and then using Crest 3D whitening rinse. I do that twice daily.

I find that whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes are more effective if you don't rinse your mouth after using them. This way, it remains on your teeth and continues to whiten them. It tastes weird at first, but it works! If you have a retainer, wearing it at night immediately after brushing or using mouthwash helps a lot.