Best Vacuum To Get ??!

If you are concerned with allergens, go with a Nilfisk (Family model). Best $ I ever spent. The air actually smells clean when I run the vacuum. A lot of research went into my decision to purchase a Nilfisk. You would have to order it online- I was able to find one for about $450.00.

I also second the Miele. It's lightweight, powerful, and quiet. We have two dogs and three cats, and it does a great job picking up all the pet hair.

100% get a Dyson! I have animals and kids here all day long-I must use my vacuum at least twice a day and I have wall to wall carpeting. I have had the Dyson now for 3 years and have never ever had a problem of any kind. I have owned various brands over the years and this is the first time I have been able to say that about any vacuum-so worth the money!

I have a Sebo Upright. It was $780 but it's the best vaccuum I've ever used. I used to swear by my Dyson and vacuumed my house every single day with it. And then I got the Sebo and saw how much stuff it picked up that the Dyson left behind... gross.

I just bought the Oreck, it's pretty pricey at 800 but it's the most lightweight, powerful suction vac I've ever owned plus it smells good when I vacum and it has an air purifier with it. It's not a bagless vac but overall I'm pleased.