Best Vacuum To Get ??!

:roflmfao:

LOL I tried to do the service for my dirt devil the other day, and the guy had an estimate for $70 just to unclog it and change the belt, I was like "let me unclog your head" JK LOL... When I went to pick up the vacuum, I was like sorry sir I dont think its worth it, I am going to buy a new one right now.... buh bye... :P

Question for the Dyson owners: Do you find it heavy? How is on noise compared to other vacuums?

My vaccum right now is meh. It was cheap and I had the "joy" of fixing it myself once.

dc14_animal_side_large.jpg

I agree! We've had ours for years, and love it!

How strange that this thread came up. I just bought one yesterday. After reading a lot of online reviews, I went with the Dyson DC18 compact/lightweight unit.

On Thursday I had my house cleaned (we only have carpet in 3 rooms, the rest is wood flooring). Yesterday I bought the Dyson and my DH put it together for me. I used it on all three carpets (which had just been cleaned on Thursday). The Dyson filled up with dust, hair etc. and the carpet looked so much cleaner. Also, I usually don't run the sweeper because it hurts my lower back. The DC18 was lightweight and swiveled so easily. After using it yesterday, my back feels fine today.

The other great thing is that we live in the city and don't have a ton of space. The Dyson DC18 fits nicely in the closet and takes up less room than our old Dirt Devil model (which broke after about a year). The Dyson has a 5 year warranty. The only drawback on the compact model is that when I hit the release valve to dump out the container, it didn't all fall out. I had to pull out some of the hair. But that is a small price to pay considering my last sweeper got hair wrapped up inside it and I had to cut it out.

Yes, the Dysons are expensive, but after using it, I have to agree with the online reviews I've read. I think it is a great machine. Also, some are available at Overstock.com at a discount (both new and refurb), but I got mine at the local Target store.

Question for the Dyson owners: Do you find it heavy? How is on noise compared to other vacuums?

My vaccum right now is meh. It was cheap and I had the "joy" of fixing it myself once.

I got the DC18 lightweight model. It isn't too heavy at all.

Yes, the DC18 is much more quiet than my Dirt Devil vacuum was. Case in point: I was trying my new DC18 and our cat came to see what was going on and sat there and watched me use the Dyson. When I used my previous vacuum, the cat used to freak out and run for cover. The noise level of the Dyson does not scare him (or break my eardrums).

I just got a new vacuum- a bagless/no required filter change one- Dirt Devil Vibe. I like it so far- I got it on sale at Target. I've been pretty pleased overall. I just couldn't make the jump b/t spending $100 and $500 for a Dyson... Dirt Devil has worked well for me. My last one was the same brand and I had it for about 5 years or so and I only got a new one b/c they don't make the HEPA filter anymore that I could find anywhere.

I have a Dyson (the yellow basic model). It is amazing - my carpet is always very clean, it is self-propelled so it is not hard to swivel around, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!