Travel Best vacation spots in July?

rnp1987

Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

So a group of my work friends and I (about 6-8 total) are trying to plan a vacation for the week of July 10th. At first we were thinking about going to Costa Rica, until I found out that July is the height of their rainy season. Any one have any suggestions? We would love to stay in a house or a hotel, and since we are 23 we want it to be social and have some sort of a nightlife.

We will be leaving from LA and Europe is out our budget. I think we are planning on spending $1,500 max a piece. Any suggestions/stories/tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

^^ We go to Costa Rica in July and its just fine...
Alittle rain in the afternoon and then its gone. I think if I go back..it will be around that time again...its low season and you don't have to worry about too many people etc.(but you might want high season for more social??..there is still plenty of people, of course in low season:yes:..but maybe not as much.)
I loved it!!
Oops..forgot to add...It probably will matter which side you go to too...as far as the rain.
We were in Manuel Antonio.

How about Hawaii?

Last edited:
Mexico - low season and some nice all inclusives... you can definitely stay a week with air, hotel, food, drinks for $1000 pp
Stay in Cancun for more party spots.. or stay in mayan riviera for more laid back atmosphere... playa del carmen is a nice town too.

Other islands - Jamaica - montego bay is fun.. they have a 'hip strip' with lots of fun bars/clubs

dominican republic and puerto rico - you can find some great deals out there

Any advice for July trips to destinations that are not too hot? I am not really a beach person. I like the beach, but I do not like the beach party scene. A place that is still lively, not crowded and not hot would be ideal. Thank you!

Any advice for July trips to destinations that are not too hot? I am not really a beach person. I like the beach, but I do not like the beach party scene. A place that is still lively, not crowded and not hot would be ideal. Thank you!

Will you consider going to Iceland, Argentina, or Rio?