Travel Best travel tote/weekender?

SunglassLove

Troublemaker!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2009
What's everyone's opinions on this? I already have a rolling suitcase and carryon that I adore... but want to add a very classic duffle or tote to my travel collection for short weekend trips or overnights.

I LOVE the LV Carryall, but unfortunately it's not in my budget at the moment (I've been looking at vintage, but since I actually want to *use* it, I'm worried about residual smells/stains in the interior of the bags).

I've also been looking at a few Coach travel bags, and a large Longchamp tote (but I've heard the quality on these has gone down... and at $195 for a large tote, that's pretty pricey for a nylon bag...)

I prefer leather... but I'm open. What do you all use?

What's everyone's opinions on this? I already have a rolling suitcase and carryon that I adore... but want to add a very classic duffle or tote to my travel collection for short weekend trips or overnights.

I LOVE the LV Carryall, but unfortunately it's not in my budget at the moment (I've been looking at vintage, but since I actually want to *use* it, I'm worried about residual smells/stains in the interior of the bags).

I've also been looking at a few Coach travel bags, and a large Longchamp tote (but I've heard the quality on these has gone down... and at $195 for a large tote, that's pretty pricey for a nylon bag...)

I prefer leather... but I'm open. What do you all use?
I like this one from Longchamp:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...e?ID=117599&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
It's studier than the Pliage line but also very light! May not be big enough for your purpose though.

I have le pillage in all travel sizes and colours (L, XL you name it). But one day it started getting to me that they only came with short handles which was most annoying when you are trying to carry stuff onto a train / a bus / or even shopping at airports. I bought a lesportsac large weekender at the Vegas outlet for real cheap (outlet + additional 40% off) to try it out and the rest is history. It's so lightweight, packable that I bring it on all my trips when I require a carry on. I have since given away almost half my le pillage collection. Maybe u shld consider a lesportsac - no wonder the Japanese are crazy over the brand!

I am obessed with travel bags. I have all theones mentioned in the thread and they all are ok but they just dont fit my travl needs. I like a travel tote that has lots of poclets inside so I can fit my passport, Ipod and kindle.

My favorite bag is a Kate Spade diaper tote. It is a nylon so it is light weight and it had tons of pockets.

I was just going to suggest Longchamp as I love mine! But I bought it a few years ago and Italy. To hear the quality has gone down is truly sad-it's the perfect weekend bag!

Depending on you're style, I think the L.L. Bean Boat and Tote bag could be a great option as well!

Besides the ever popular Longchamp, Le Sportsac is awesome for travel. Their weekenders are great and are made of such durable fabric made to withstand all sorts of conditions, plus the patterns are pretty cute too.

I'd also recommend a lesportsac extra large weekender. Price wise it's reasonable and quality wise they are very durable. You can get a funky print or go for a more basic black, navy, ect. You can fit a ton in them. I tried one out and I was able to fit everything for my trip(carry on only girl here) in it. The only down side is if you pack a lot it can get heavy to tote around. It has a shoulder strap and handles so that can help. I chose to return it simply due to the fact I wanted something with wheels lol. I do have other lesportsac bags and make up cases which are well used and look great.

I also like longchamp I have a large lepliage tote(with the long shoulder straps) which is now my go too travel handbag. I bought mine last year and are working out great. I know some people complain that the quality has gone down in the past few years, but honestly that's true with ALL brands. I think the travel tote would work for your needs however I'd try one out in store first take it over to the clothing area and throw a few pairs of jeans & shirts in it and see if the weight is ok for you. If not then you may want to check something otu with a shoulder strap.