Best Time/Place to Get Shoes on Sale (Cls, MBs, JCs)

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
I live in the boonies....so a trip to the city is an all day affair which usually occurs about once a month.

I'm contemplating a pair of CLs/MBs/JCs but I can't justify to myself spending as much as a Louis Vuitton on a pair of shoes. So therefore....I need to be retail savvy and try to find these on sale!

What do you recommend as the best store to find them on sale...and the best time of year to find them on sale?

I'm new to the whole designer shoe thing...so any help is appreciated!

Is that only in store??

I guess my other question I forgot to ask....is during these great sales...what kind of discounts can you usually expect (20,30,40% off, etc.)? I just hate that feeling of buying something and then seeing it even cheaper a week later!

The sales are available online right now but they usually don't have eveything online that they would have at the stores. June/July is one of the times that the department stores have their big shoe sales. Starts at 20-30% and goes deeper as time goes by.

Right now is a great time. Depending on the store, you can get massive savings. Check out NM, Saks, Nordstroms, Bergdorfs, Barneys and Bloomies. End of July is also good because they start clearing out summer items. You could also try off 5th or Last Call.