Best theater seating? Orchestra or Mezzanine?

Sep 13, 2006
Its my first time going to a play, and I want to get the best seats I can. Which would br better? Orchestra Row A or Mezzanine Row C? I could see the advantages of both. The play is at the Broadhurst theater in New York by the way and the show is Equus...
Thanks!

Oh my God, you're seeing Equus?

Wow!

How comfortable exactly are you with full-frontal nudity? Because in the orchestra seats, you'd be pretty close to the, er, nakedness.

Last edited:
Mt DH and I attend the opera every year and we have found that we prefer orchestra seating, but IDK about row A, if that's the first row. Third row orchestra is perfect.

Orchestra! At least for me I LOVE to see what the musicians are doing. I played in orchestra since i was in primary school and did it semi-professionally all through high school for both plays, muscials, opera, and classical recitals. I like to catch the behind the scenes action.

I prefer mezzanine that way you can see everything.

I sat front row for Wicked ( I won the Wicked lotto front row for $25!!) and it was just too close. You see everything in the sense of imperfections and all. While awesome it was just too close for me.

DH and I always prefer 5th to 7th row Center Orchestra - too close and you end up with a strained neck. You can get a good view of the whole stage in the Mezzanine, but I like to be close enough to see the expressions on the faces...

Orc A is a bit close, but I think I'd still prefer it over Mezz.

No, Orc A shouldn't be the first row. Usually, Row A is preceded by Rows AA and BB, often reserved for family members of the cast, or production ppl, etc.