Best Suspender (garter) belt for stockings?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a huge collection of tights (over 50), but don't want to wear tights everyday in the winter because it doesn't breath as well in the unmentionable area. I have hold-ups, but can't wear them everyday to work because the silicone irritates my legs over the period of a day.

What is the best everyday suspender belt? I think I should be looking for a 6-strap belt with metal straps, but I am looking for some personal recommendations or reviews.

I have a Wolford one, but don't like it. I asked for a M and the SA gave me a L and it is too big and and slides down over my hips even on the tightest setting. I also have a Mimi Holliday but that is more for evening than everyday.

2. I don't know, I would just buy thigh highs that have elasticized tops so you don't need a garter belt. That's the kind I have, they didn't bother my legs at all when I still wore stockings. I bought them at a drugstore, but they were still good ones.

3. ^^I placed an order last night with stockingirl and I think I did get one of those because it said the suspender belt was optional.

4. #5 Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    oops

5. a good place for high quality suspender belts who ship worldwide is www.stockingshq.com - always buy them with high quality metal clasps xx

6. I have a few garter belts from VS, but I don't wear them much so I don't know how they compare to other brands. I also have a few stockings that have a silicon strip on the edge that helps the stocking stay on my legs without falling--no need for a garter with those.

7. #8 Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice