BEST sunless tanner?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Who has a favorite? I'm trying not to tan this year (never tan my face) but I like a little glow. I've been using one of those tinted moisturizers, which is nice, but it's time for a litle something extra...:smile:

2. I like tan towels - you can get them on hsn.com

3. Yes, Tan Towels are good. They also sell them at Sephora. My favorite is St. Tropez Tanning Lotion. The most realistic one I have ever tried, and I have tried too many. :hrmm:

4. Because of this great forum, I switched from Clarins ($45) to Jergins Natural Glow ($6.99) I love it. I am super white, like think goat cheese, and this gives me a normal look.

5. Irish, the Jergens is what I use now. I've never used a true self-tanner, this is like a little boost!
    Thanks for the other tips...

6. Is this like regular self tanners in that you have to wait for it to dry for a while otherwise you'll stain your clothes, sheets, etc? Also, can you use this on your face?

7. They do have a face one, but I use the Chanel one on my face. This one does not stain, I wear white a lot and have not had a problem. Plus, it does not have that icky feeling, I get dressed about 10 minutes after I put it on.

8. i use the jergens one. hate the smell though, so just put it on at night

9. That's good to know. Thanks! I'm going to try it!!

10. i totally bought into the Jergens hype, but it really doesn't work that well if you've already got a slight tan - ie. if you're asian, latino - doesn't work.

It also smells bad.

Use the wipes, or if you're using spray tan, get someone else to hold it far from your face and spray - then rub in.

11. I love Lancome, it doesn't smell bad, it dries fast and it doesn't stain your clothes. I totally recommend.

12. Jergens doesn't really show for me :/ I use the one for medium skin tone - it only gives a very slight tint.

How's the lancome?

13. One of my friends told me that Bare Escentuals has a self tanner that's fantastic. She uses it and she looks perfectly tanned.

14. Jergens Natural Glow works for me; but, I am also pale. It does not streak and the smell only lasts for an hour after I put it on - so that really is pretty bearable. Also, I tend to use it every other day - I am darker than I would be with nothing, but NOT as dark as if I was tanning - I just can't do the tanning any longer since I know that it is not good for fair-skinned people like myself.

15. I also use Lancome-the new shimmer "Flash Bronzer Glow n' Wear." It has a little bronzer in it so you can see where you apply it and dries super-fast. I love it. I'm really pale and I used it, I turned out very naturally. My mom used it and she had already tanned and it helped enhance hers and buff out her tan lines. I highly recommend it. Last year I used Clarins Tanning Gel which I also like. I have tried the Clarins tanning milk as well which is also nice.
    I've also found that a little rubbing alcohol can fix little mistakes with self-tanner, like for example if your knee is a little too dark.
    So, that was a long response, but I recommend Lancome (and Clarins).