Books & Music Best song re-make?

Jeff Buckley-Hallelujah (originally by...leonard cohen...i think)

and as of a few days ago,

Florence and the machine -Hospital Beds, original by the Cold War Kids.

Last edited:
Well I don't know if this counts, but i *LOVE* "Because the Night".
Written by Springsteen, recorded by Patti Smith, though they both play it, with slightly different lyrics. I love the differences, which are very subtle but hers is more classically feminine and his more masculine. Two sides of a classic, I cant get enough of that song.:heart:

Natalie Merchant also did it on "Unplugged" that was also pretty great. Its actually kind of hard to mess up, its that good!

Needles and Pins by the Ramones originally by Jackie DeShannon, and the following year by the Searchers.
Running up that Hill by the Placebo:tup:, originally by Kate Bush (yack:yucky:),
I Hung My Head by Johnny Cash originally recorded by Sting for Mercury Falling
I Will Survive by the Cake, originally by Gloria Gaynor

Last edited:
Blue Monday -- New Order

Redone by Orgy

But I still love the original too!

Can it be possible to top the original? Am off to find Orgy....
Ok, had a listen and they're not bad, haven't mucked around with it too much but nothing will beat the original for me. I'm inspired to play it now and dance around me kitchen. Excuse me....

Mine would also be Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah or maybe R.E.M. doing The Troggs Love is all around or Manic Street Preachers cover of Suicide is Painless. There's so many great covers...

Last edited:
Thought of another-

Bat for Lashes singing Springsteen's "I'm on Fire"

Ryan Adams singing Wonderwall by Oasis

Stoned Sour singing Wicked Games originally done by Chris Isaak

Michael Bublé
singing "Feeling good"..originally from Nina Simone I think.

Last edited:
"The Tracks of My Tears": Originally by Smokey Robinson, remake by Gavin Degraw.

I believe that Gavin's version can only be heard at his concerts, as I've searched up and down for it on iTunes. I heard it the first time when he made an appearance on the show "American Dreams" several years ago--LOVED it.