Best small bag for a new mom?

Happyhippo

Sep 3, 2016
I'm pregnant with my first and I'm also looking for a good everyday crossbody bag. I plan on using a larger diaper bag for the baby and a smaller bag for my things (wallet, phone, keys, makeup). My original plan was to go with the Alma BB in Epi, but I'd like to hear your thoughts; is the Alma BB too bulky/boxy? Should I go for something else instead? What are your experiences?

How much makeup? How big is your wallet? Favorite MM could be an option- or pochette with long strap. Pallas clutch? Or even speedy b 25 :smile:
Thanks for the great suggestions! Pallas clutch is nice, hadn't thought about it. I carry a small compact wallet, iPhone 6plus, bulky (car) keys, make up is sometimes just a lipstick, sometimes more - depending on the occasion! :smile:

I'd like to have a zipped bag without vachetta, just to keep things carefree. I have been considering speedy B 25, maybe not as a replacement for a smaller bag, but something to grab when I need something slightly bigger.

Alma is too boxy, imo. Something softer and not a "pit" would work best. I don't think you want to dig for keys or a wallet.

Right now there are so many awesome crossbody choices available. Some are adjustable; some w/ shorter straps or longer straps. How tall are you and how much are you willing to spend?

Pochette Metis Mono has an adjustable strap that suits diff. heights and it's under $2K. In Empreinte, I believe it's a bit over $2K.

Best of luck on your search!
Congrats on your baby!!!!!!!!:hugs:

Reactions: Kellybuzzbuzz
Thanks for the great suggestions! Pallas clutch is nice, hadn't thought about it. I carry a small compact wallet, iPhone 6plus, bulky (car) keys, make up is sometimes just a lipstick, sometimes more - depending on the occasion! :smile:

I'd like to have a zipped bag without vachetta, just to keep things carefree. I have been considering speedy B 25, maybe not as a replacement for a smaller bag, but something to grab when I need something slightly bigger.

Pallas w/ the new leather would work for you, too. No vachetta.

I just got the Eva so I am biased. But I think it could work for you. If you carry a small thin wallet or use a card case and lipstick and keys it should do well. It is a great crossbody bag and is very light. Depending on your height you may find the strap length too long, but it's perfect for me. They are discontinuing this bag so you may need to buy preloved. You can get it in damier ebene for the carefree issue. Good luck! And congrats on the new baby! :smile:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I treated myself to Favorite MM when my daughter was born - absolutely love it. It is light, durable, versatile and also, as I have it in DE, low maintenance (where I live, it rains very often). I also love that you can use the shoulder chain to attach your keys for extra security.

Croisette looks pretty care free to me. Some crossbodies have chains and you might not like that? I've heard people use a speedy b25 for a mommy bag but someone mentioned above it has a small opening.

I have two kids and I use a totally mm which will be my travel bag after the children can carry their own things. I've had it for a year and still love it. I can throw a book in it if I need to.

Bloomsbury or Favorite or Metis in Noir - I did the same thing up until my son was 2 1/2. Now I need to carry just a snack, a diaper, some wipes, and toy cars so I throw his stuff in my bag rather then carrying two. I have another one coming so I will be going back to the small bags again :smile:. I am thinking the pochette metis in noir!

I used Speedy B 25's for a few years. Realized I wasn't a fan of the small opening. Bought the Siena PM and loving it. Larger opening and sits nicely as a crossbody.
The opening of the Speedy B 25 is the *only* reason I haven't purchased it. I have the 30 and 35 and really want the 25 but I have read so much about the annoying opening. I tried it on at the store and found it small so I can imagine how annoyed I'd get when actually using it :sad:
The Siena PM is LOVELY.

Okay, zipped bag without vachetta:
Pallas clutch (i love the noir version)
Eva in DE
Pochette Accessories in DE and buy a longer strap to wear with it
Siena PM is really nice but in my opinion, I think it's a step above 'small bag' like the ones listed above and wouldn't be able to be thrown into a diaper bag or bigger bag. It's more of a stand alone bag like the Speedy B 25. If you're okay with then it expands your choices a bit - the Bloomsbury is a great hands-free bag.
Good luck and let us know what you decide! :heart: