Best SLG for traveling with Diabetic supplies / Medical supplies

icyou88

Dec 11, 2019
Hi there, I just got the new kit for checking my blood glucose and it comes with a super basic black nylon zip-around case example attached.
It is kind of painful to look at it among my slgs and things. Can anyone recommend an SLG that could work as a replacement? (I like the compartments and elastic holder straps in the free case but I don't need those specific ones. All feedback appreciated.

also, I tried googling this question a bunch... with no avail...Am I the only one struggling with this?

Thanks PF members

s-l1000.jpg

daisy913

Apr 26, 2019
Are you type 1 or 2, or need insulin?

I think kirigami pochette will be your best bet all-around. I think the regular pochette size would be good too, although the mini might cut it, if you choose to dedicate it as only diabetes supplies. However, I dont think mini will be able to fit insulin pens. Favorite mm is discontinued, but if you can get your hands on it, it's a good size too. You can even throw in some candy or a baby juice box, if needed.

In truth though, your best bet is to get non-luxury. You get way more choices and sizes.

Lastly, have you heard of dexcom? Dexcom eliminates the need for a blood glucose kit. You just need to make sure your bag can fit the receiver. It's like the size of a bulky old school flip phone.

theprettymiss

Apr 18, 2020
Im also diabetic (type 1) and I feel like a mini pochette should be able to fit the monitor...tester and test strip container comfortably!

Insulin pens would be too big though.

Reactions: icyou88

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
London
If you’re happy with preloved, the Monogram trousse 18 would be a good bet as it has the elasticated straps which are handy for organisation and preventing things moving around inside. It seems like it’s closest to what you’ve shown above.

icyou88

Dec 11, 2019
If you’re happy with preloved, the Monogram trousse 18 would be a good bet as it has the elasticated straps which are handy for organisation and preventing things moving around inside. It seems like it’s closest to what you’ve shown above.
ooooo that sounds good! ( the 18 would be about the same size ! ) off to ebay ^^

Reactions: Bags_4_life

icyou88

Dec 11, 2019
Are you type 1 or 2, or need insulin?

I think kirigami pochette will be your best bet all-around. I think the regular pochette size would be good too, although the mini might cut it, if you choose to dedicate it as only diabetes supplies. However, I dont think mini will be able to fit insulin pens. Favorite mm is discontinued, but if you can get your hands on it, it's a good size too. You can even throw in some candy or a baby juice box, if needed.

In truth though, your best bet is to get non-luxury. You get way more choices and sizes.

Lastly, have you heard of dexcom? Dexcom eliminates the need for a blood glucose kit. You just need to make sure your bag can fit the receiver. It's like the size of a bulky old school flip phone.
I'm type 2, so just the meter, lance, lancettes strips and sharps container.... I tried popping everthing into the med Kirigami and it doesn't fit, I think I'll look for a pre-loved favorite mm thanks!

Meesh202

Feb 6, 2015
Massachusetts
Hi there, I just got the new kit for checking my blood glucose and it comes with a super basic black nylon zip-around case example attached.
It is kind of painful to look at it among my slgs and things. Can anyone recommend an SLG that could work as a replacement? (I like the compartments and elastic holder straps in the free case but I don't need those specific ones. All feedback appreciated.

also, I tried googling this question a bunch... with no avail...Am I the only one struggling with this?

Thanks PF members

View attachment 4845290
Hi.

I’m an old regular at this. My mom had a feeding tube and I have mastered the art of stashing medical supplies in LV!

Depending in the dimensions of your item, I recommend the toiletry 19. I would put the existing case right inside. It stands upright and has a wipeable interior. It’s great to hide your kit and even some crackers, etc. that you may need. It is easy and discreet.

I used the Toiletry 26 in my Neverfull for my mom. I had to carry syringes, water and osmolite (like a can of ensure or boost).