Best Silk Button Down Shirt

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am looking for a white one in particular, that feels and looks luxurious with a slim, feminine fit.

I've tried on Equipment and wasn't crazy about it- anything else? Who makes your favorite?

Thank you in advance :heart:

2. I like Thomas Pink and have been very happy with their plain white shirts.

3. I'm actually not a fan of the silk Equipment uses - one wash and it's done. I really like Pucci silk shirts to be honest, the price is a bit steep but they're not impossible to find on sale

4. Oh no! I just bought an equipment silk button down at Nordstrom Rack - gahh so disappointing to think it won't last through one wash...

5. I have a gorgeous one from BCBG. I'm very impressed at the quality of silk. I imagine mine isn't sold anymore, but I would keep a look out at that brand to see if any more pop up. Good luck!

6. Oh no, I'm sure it will be OK. I think it's just certain styles maybe? But the one or two I bought in the past, I had use a special silk wash and they didn't look the same. But this was years ago, so maybe they changed the material as a lot of ladies swear by Equipment. I think you'll be OK :smile:

7. Last fall the Black/White shop had some classic & stylish white silk shirts

Also, seems like Zara gets a big draw.. not sure about silk shirts

8. Everlane has some beautiful silk shirts.

9. Thanks katran26! I think I will keep it as I have so few button downs and I got it for a decent price at Nordstrom Rack. I'm trying to cut down on my dry cleaning though, so hopefully it'll go through the wash ok...

10. For some reason I had thought of them as men's brand only! They have a boutique right next to my favorite cobbler IN THE WORLD. I will check them out for sure. Thanks!

Yeah, something about their silk just left me wanting. I absolutely ADORE vintage Pucci dresses! Never even thought of getting a plain white silk short from them though. Certainly something to think about...

I will check BCBG out as well- haven't bought something from them for ages for whatevet reason, but whatever I did buy seemed like they were quality.

11. I will check out both- I've never purchased anything at Zara, but aren't they known as a fast fashion brand? Will their silk shirts use good, luxe-feeling/looking silk fabric?

I know you don't have personal experience w/ their silk shirts, just asking any tPFers who do!

Thanks for the rec! I've been always curious about them. I do like their effort to be transparent about cost- would you (or anyone ekse) say their silk shirts are on par with Equipment? They say "normal retail price" (not their stripped-down price) for their silk shirts should be $190ish, which seems comparable to Equipment.

But then they say their bags' "normal retail price" should be $1300, and I don't know if I believe that...

Sorry if I came across as overly picky- just trying to narrow down the selections (in spirit of KonMari-ing my closet and whatnot) so I have ONE killer one instead of 5 so-so ones. Most likely I will try a few of these, as many as possible in person and decide on one.

Thank you so much for the recs everyone :heart: :heart: :heart:

If anyone has any more, please keep them coming!

13. Chloe do some great silk shirts, I have several and the are the best