BEST shopping malls/shopping place in the world

shopmom

need I say more?
Aug 6, 2008
My family was just in the Westfield Southcenter Mall in Seattle. I must say it's one of the best malls I've seen so far. It's huge and very child-friendly. The family room has a large area for kids to spend time and play and there are breastfeeding units for moms with their own TV, wow! There's also a Sanrio store there and across is a play area for small children.

If you are ever in that area, lucky you! One day is not enough to explore this mall.

Which mall/shopping place do you consider best and why? It would be good to share so if any of us are in the area, we know where to go and what to expect. :smile:

The one mall I really, really like is the Green Hills Mall in Nashville, TN. Most of the salespeople there are just really nice and helpful. It's quiet. There's not very many screaming kids (no play area). I've rarely had a problem finding parking and during the busier seasons, they offer valet.

I usually avoid the malls here and do all of my "mall" shopping for when I go to Nashville (about once a month).

For selection, I like Northbrook Court in Northbrook, IL. When we go to Chicago and I want luxury goods, I go there. Retailers put better selection in their Northbrook locations than they do in their Michigan Ave. locations I feel like. I also like that they have CUSP which not many cities have right now.

orchard road in singapore- I was in HEAVEN!! they have malls beside malls beside malls all on the same street (not stores but MALLS- hehehhe) and there are several designer boutiques-sometimes 2 of the same store in different malls!!!

greenbelt in philippines is a close second

went to asia for my honeymoon and went shopping-crazy!! and best of all...singapore gives you the tax back on your purchases in CASH or back to your CC with no restrictions...just bring the receipts to the airports :yahoo:

Last edited:
Not sure about the best, but there are a few that I like:

- Mall of America. Bloomington, Minnesota.
The reason why I like this mall is the indoor amusement park, and massive, massive structure. When parents and I vacationed in Canada back in 2003, A friend from Canada and my mom did plan on driving down here since it was a few hours away, but we never did. ;_; Not sure if it's the best, but it's one heck of a mall, though. Probably worth a visit. :nuts: Just don't get lost though. heheh.

- Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas, Nevada.
They have nice fashion shows although they're mostly Marciano clothing. *yawn* Flashy TV screens and loads of high-end stores. Always worth a visit when heading to Vegas. Those flashy TV screens outside and restaurants are enough to lure you in! XD

- Valley Fair Mall / Santana Row in San Jose, CA.
VF is an awesome mall, imo. I love this mall massively! The Coach boutique is fairly wide and has a nice selection! They also have LV, Movado, and Tiffany, too. But that's not all of the designers! Go to Santana Row which is across from VF and you get Burberry, Gucci, and other high end boutiques! Not to mention flashy sports cars too! XD

And just an hour or so away, you can also hit up the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, CA. EXTREMELY high end! It's an open air mall but it got all the goodies! Bloomies, Neimans, Hermes, LV, Coach... etc!

And in terms of Outlets, if you like, there's the Vacaville Premium Outlets. Loads of designer outlet stores like Gucci, Coach, Cole Haan, etc. It's separated into two parts, btw! I think Gilroy Outlet is a good one too.

Just a few that I like! Good luck.

I agree with Newbury Street being a good shopping place. Also I know Filene's Basement isn't really a mall but I love to explore that store, sometimes there are crazy good deals!

As I just got back from France too, I'd have to say Galeries Lafayette and Printemps are very good. Except Lafayette is a bit disorganized, it's hard to find certain contemporary brands sometimes.