Travel Best shoes for Europe travel

I agree with pinky get a pair of Birkenstocks. Super comfortable and they have a variety of styles/colors to pick from, although I don’t like the gizeh I find the thong part that is hard plastic uncomfortable. The mayari is cute and a bit dressier looking than then regular Arizona style. I like Tom’s for the summer I call them my summer slippers, however I don’t like them when I have to do a lot of walking around because they aren’t very supportive. Every time I’ve worn them when I was walking all day (especially on paved ground vs grass) my feet ached and felt swollen.

Reactions: pinky7129
Repetto ballet flats are nice to walk around with but they don't have enough support if you are going to be
walking around for hours & hours
I'd take some of the above suggestions & shop around

Ecco leather sneakers, I have the black w/white soles and the dove grey; or Cole Hahn Zerogrand oxfords, which are light as a feather for packing. They always look sharp, too.

Hi everyone ,
We are headed for a 17 days land /Cruise trip to Italy and Med this summer. Want to optimisé packing and I’m looking for a comfortable walking shoe ... not too sporty as gym wear but not too granny either . What are your favorites ?

My husband and I are doing a Western Mediterranean cruise next month and will be doing a lot of walking tours. I plan to pack a pair of sneakers (I'll probably wear them while flying), but I prefer open toed shoes and bought these for day trips:

Adrienne Vittadini Sport Carlos Wedge Sandal and Anne Klein Sport Siesta Wedge
Adrienne Vittadini Sport Carlos Wedge.JPG AK Sport Siesta.JPG

Reactions: rl33
Mephisto, hands down. I have done a couple of cruises that included lots of sightseeing and walking. They are the most comfortable shoes and wouldn’t travel without them.

OP,
Mephisto, Camper and Robert Clergerie are the sandals that I take with me every summer to Europe. We walk miles and miles daily and these sandals are super comfy! It’s hard to find cute and stylish Mephisto locally in the US, I usually get them while I am in France. Have an awesome trip!