Best shoe shopping in NYC???

jj69

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
I'm going for a (rare) vist to NYC for a couple of days this week. I'm always looking for bargains on desinger shoes (I especially need some Lanvin flats and some new Sue Londons).

Are there any stores I absolutely MUST visit while in the city?

NYC regulars: What are those can't-miss places you go to every time you're in town?

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
my favorite store is barneys.... but you can hit up all of them a few blocks from each other: bergdorf, and saks

saks has a huge shoe floor

barneys has a great lanvin flat selection

i am not sure about deals though as the peak sale season was a few months ago

Mar 7, 2006
the big apple
In terms of luxury dept. stores in Midtown, Bergdorf Goodman is undisputedly #1 in my books.....the best shoe selection. Followed by Barneys, then Saks.

I also highly recommend going downtown to Jeffrey NY (Meatpacking District) and Kirna Zabete (in Soho). Another fabulous place for rare, cutting edge shoes is Edon Manor.

jj69

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Thanks for the tips, everyone. I can't say I'm surprised that Barney's is the top choice!

How about discount/closeout stores? Is there anyplace that sells last season's high end designer shoes at a big discount?

DeeDeeDelovely

Quiet!Hermes Hunting
O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Orlando, Fl
^^I heard Century 21 one has great high end deals. I have not been. I plan to visit NYC in Sept. I hope to find out for myself how great they really are. lol!

Oct 20, 2008
manhattan
barneys is my supplier of lanvin; it is currently having a warehouse sale. if your feet are small or large, there are lanvin available. i think they're 50% off + additional 25% off. good luck with your hunt.

you may also try zoe in brooklyn. they carry lanvin as well, and more styles than kirna zabete in soho. jeffreys in the meatpacking district has some as well. and they have balenciaga flats in great colors. saks has balenciaga flats also.

bedhead

O.G.
May 15, 2007
NYC
Yes, definitely try the Barneys Warehouse Sale: http://www.barneys.com/Barneys New York Warehouse Sale/WAREHOUSE_SALE,default,pg.html

It's on 17th Street between 7th and 8th. In the same neighborhood is a great consignment place called Fisch for the Hip, on 18th between 6th and 7th. They often have Lanvin and other designer shoes in pretty good condition, as well as a great selection of bags and clothes.

I'll second Barneys, Bergdorf's, Jeffrey, and Kirna Zabete. Another good place is If Boutique in Soho, which has some harder-to-find styles from a number of different designers. Also try Iris, which is very close to Jeffrey. They carry the entire line of Chloe, Marc Jacobs, John Galliano, Rochas, Veronique Branquinho, Viktor & Rolf, and Paul Smith every season (because they make shoes for all those brands). They're at 827 Washington Street, and http://www.irisnyc.net/

Have fun!