Best Shampoo \ Products for Brazilian Blowout

1. I just got this treatment done last weekend and am not thrilled with the products. My stylist recommended a serum and root lift, but my hair feels dull. What does everyone use? Is it true that only BB products will make your treatment last?

2. Use something with keratin in it that is sulfate free and you'll be fine.

3. You do NOT only have to use BB products but you need sulfate free products. I like Pureology and Pravana shampoo and conditioner but you don't have to go the expensive route. There are cheaper sulfate free shampoos and conditioners out there.

For hair products I don't use anything and my hair is soft and shiny. I have the BB Acai Protective Thermal Straightening Balm but I don't like it. I bought the Acai Daily Smoothing Serum and I really like it. I love the BB root boost but that obviously would dull your hair a little. I am a fan of no product. Let your hair breathe and show off the results of your blowout. The whole point is that it makes your hair shiny, smooth and soft!

4. I stopped getting this treatment last year. At one point I did actually shell out teh money for all the products but it wasn't worth it. I'm a cheapskate so I found all natural/sulfate free shampoos and conditioners at target and my healthfood store. My favs from target are: Shea Moisture shampoos and Giovanni conditioners.

5. I've been using Oribe shampoo for a while, but never realized that it's all sulfate free\ sodium chloride free so am going with that. I opted for their gentle shampoo and conditioner (super rich) made for the keratin\BB just in case and then bought the Royal blowout mist, which I'll try today. Oribe is expensive, but fantastic. It's funny, I feel like I still need a little product when I blow it out. Maybe it's just habit. My hair looks and feels almost the same as before, it's just easier to dry and is less frizzy. The BB root lift was a little drying for me and made my hair dull. I have the BB straightening serum here from my treatment, so maybe I'll try it again.

6. I have been getting the BB for years and still have not found the perfect products. The only brand that I've rebought is Coppolla's Keratin shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo actually cleans.
    I've tried Enjoy, BB's own products, Bamboo {which is ok}, Pureology {hated it-dried out my hair} and Phyto's Keratine line which I LOVE but is pricey.

7. Do you have a finishing shine spray you like? I don't really need it, but am so use to one. I've recently been using a drop of Moroccan oil, but the SA heard that's a no no for BB. On a side not, I tried Oribe's royal blow out today and LOVED it. It's pricey, but great.

8. I use the Global Keratin products on my BB or keratin treatment (depends on which one I get). GK Hair is the brand and often it is carried by Macy's and you can use your 20% off coupon.