Review Best shampoo for frizzy hair

Roxannek

Nov 28, 2014
I have found the best shampoo collection for frizzy hair! My stylist used it on me and I am hooked. The entire Kerastase Discipline line is amazing and smells like nothing I have ever smelled before. Heavenly! I buy mine online through Kerastase or in the salon.
5A9E3A3A-690B-4E7C-A828-46D45FB8AF38.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 880
I used Kerastase products for at least 15 years and was very happy with the results. I mostly used the nutritive line and dabbled with the oleo one. Your line wasn’t out yet. About 5 years ago I decided I wanted to go the cruelty free route and have been using Oribe moisture and control line which is on par. And now that it’s sold on Sephora I can catch it on discount semi-annually. I recently discovered Livibg Priofs Restore shamp/conditioner line and it’s a more budget friendly option with great results too.

I’ve tried so many lines from b&b to Ro&co, drybar, alterna, ouai (not a fan of shampoo/conditioner but their oil is amazing), Ouidad, redken, unite…I could go on

• Love
I have had excellent luck with Formulate. It is one of those companies that custom makes shampoo and conditioner. I was very skeptical at first, I had watched many YT videos about some of the other custom companies and I never saw a difference in their hair. Formulate asks a few more questions than some of the others, and allows you to get a smaller size to try it out for somewhat less money, I didn't want to pay 50 bucks for hair products I didn't even know if I would like.
. My issues are: frizzy flyaway hair that is thinning as I get older, needs thermal protection, lots of greys mixing in, highlighted/bleached.
They give you some valuable instructions on using it. I wash my hair about 3 times a week. The shampoo is very thin and runny. I work a pump in, rinse a little and then work two pumps in and it lathers nicely. I only use 1 pump of conditioner. This stuff has changed the texture of my hair, it has a weight to it that it never had before. I have been able to grow it longer without it looking scraggly. My husband noticed right away and said, "Order more!"
They allow you to order however you want, auto delivery or not, or more shampoo than conditioner, like in my case. They have many sizes. I find that I really use way less shampoo and conditioner than I ever did before, so I actually think the price works out in the end because it is more expensive than the shampoo I was using. It is still cheaper than many of the higher end brands.

I used Kerastase products for at least 15 years and was very happy with the results. I mostly used the nutritive line and dabbled with the oleo one. Your line wasn’t out yet. About 5 years ago I decided I wanted to go the cruelty free route and have been using Oribe moisture and control line which is on par. And now that it’s sold on Sephora I can catch it on discount semi-annually. I recently discovered Livibg Priofs Restore shamp/conditioner line and it’s a more budget friendly option with great results too.

I’ve tried so many lines from b&b to Ro&co, drybar, alterna, ouai (not a fan of shampoo/conditioner but their oil is amazing), Ouidad, redken, unite…I could go on
This is very helpful.

The same people that referred me to Olaplex also recommended Oribe for style products. The prices were crazy. Instead, I have been using the Curlsmith’s Hold Me Softly Balm and absolutely love the soft hold.

I have had excellent luck with Formulate. It is one of those companies that custom makes shampoo and conditioner. I was very skeptical at first, I had watched many YT videos about some of the other custom companies and I never saw a difference in their hair. Formulate asks a few more questions than some of the others, and allows you to get a smaller size to try it out for somewhat less money, I didn't want to pay 50 bucks for hair products I didn't even know if I would like.
. My issues are: frizzy flyaway hair that is thinning as I get older, needs thermal protection, lots of greys mixing in, highlighted/bleached.
They give you some valuable instructions on using it. I wash my hair about 3 times a week. The shampoo is very thin and runny. I work a pump in, rinse a little and then work two pumps in and it lathers nicely. I only use 1 pump of conditioner. This stuff has changed the texture of my hair, it has a weight to it that it never had before. I have been able to grow it longer without it looking scraggly. My husband noticed right away and said, "Order more!"
They allow you to order however you want, auto delivery or not, or more shampoo than conditioner, like in my case. They have many sizes. I find that I really use way less shampoo and conditioner than I ever did before, so I actually think the price works out in the end because it is more expensive than the shampoo I was using. It is still cheaper than many of the higher end brands.

It sounds like you have similar issues to mine so I just ordered a shampoo and conditioner to try. I hope it works as well for me as it has for you. Thanks for the review!

I’m an Olaplex convert with frizzy hair (no longer!) Olaplex is the best out there, I know I’ve tried everything. I’d recommend the shampoo and conditione, the treatments don’t do much for me, nor does the oil.