Best Shampoo & Conditioner for Blondes

pennyrog

O.G.
Dec 21, 2008
Hi Everyone!

I am getting my hair colored tomorrow and am going from a dirty "dishwater" blonde to something much brighter and blonder.

What recommendations do you have for shampoos and conditioners that will stop it turning too brassy?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I have found that when I discovered the perfect toner combination at the hair salon, I don't have to use purple products anymore. I use Kerastase to maintain the health of my hair. When I used to use tinted hair products, I loved the conditioners from Christophe Robin and Davines.

I usually use a purple shampoo for about a week after I get my colour done to tone down the brassiness (imo the cheap ones work just as well). I then use any s & c for coloured hair but I am interested in recommendations too!

The darker the purple shampoo, the better! I love the Drybar Blonde Ale purple shampoo and Milkshake for a color depositing product and Redken All Soft as a typical shampoo. My typical routine is to first go in with my All Soft and THEN go in with the purple shampoo and let it sit so I can reap the benefits. It's been such a savior for me these past few months- after a bad toner, my hair was left mostly blue/green (aka my picture there) and I walked around with a plastic bag around my head with the shampoo and I left it on for over two hours.

Purple shampoo definitely does the trick! I really like the Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo (haven't tried the conditioner - I find that the shampoo alone does the job). It smells good too, which isn't always the case for silver/purple shampoos.

I'm a stylist/colorist for 25 years and I don't know why everyone is so against golden blonde and wants ash blonde. Golden blonde doesn't have to be brassy, it looks more natural and does the face wonders. Look at magazine photos to determine what color you like beforehand. High lift neutral blondes will leave a beautiful natural golden blonde shiny color depending on your natural tone.

Ok so now I have a question. I'm naturally a dark brown (almost black) brunette and every summer I get a blonde balayage/ombre done where it starts a few inches below my roots. Would a purple shampoo/conditioner benefit me?