Best + safest reseller of 2nd hand birkins? + casual birkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmmIbrahim

Apr 30, 2016
Pittsburgh
HI all! I apologize if this has been discussed, I'm was wondering what sites are the most trusted to buy a Birkin second hand but in excellent shape? I live in SW Pennsylvania so no Hermes stores unless I go to Philly or NYC and there is no guarantee I'd get one anyway. I was looking at Jane Finds and a few others but I had with bad experiences with fakes on Tradesy with a Dior and an LV so I'm paranoid....I don't want to waste my hard earned money on a fake... what sites do you buy from that no way in heck could the bag be faux!

This leads me to my 2nd question...is it fairly OK to use a Birkin casually? I'm an RN so don't need a work bag and I dress pretty casual my off days...sweats or dresses over leggings...I buy nice clothing but have no use for super fancy stuff, I stay away from the "ladies who lunch" look usually...is it OK to use a Birkin like a regular handbag? That's partly why I'm going the second-hand route and a simple one....at least if I beat it up I won't feel so guilty. Lol

rosiier

Life is Gucci!
Nov 3, 2015
New York, New York
You can try FP although their prices are really jacked up. I find it the safest, just IMO.
You don't have to dress up to wear a Birkin though! I personally think it looks the best on casual outfits. Since it's a tote bag lol
If you browse instagram, you'll see that a lot! Casual look + Birkin outfit shots :smile:

snowbuns

Crossfit Bunny
Jun 5, 2016
Seoul
Hi.
check out this post here on reputable resellers of Hermes: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reputable-hermes-sellers-on-ebay.37115/
Here is another list for both brick&mortar and online resellers: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-master-list-of-brick-and-mortar-com-resellers.42499/

I also recommend collectorsquare.com. They have some beautiful & very affordable vintages. They are partners with artcurial & all their products are authenticated. I've bought a beautiful black box sellier kelly from them.

The Birkin is absolutely a casual handbag. It is a tote in its shape. You can dress it up of course, but it is not a bag that was originally meant to be a 'ladies who lunch' style. I would say that is much more applicable to the kelly. The birkin was made for Jane Birkin, who wanted a more practical, easy-to-use handbag.
Here is what she said about the bag herself:
There's no fun in a bag if it's not kicked around so that it looks as if the cat's been sitting on it - and it usually has. The cat may even be in it!

But in the end it is not the bag that makes your outfit. Your bag is a complement and accent to your personal style. You can make the birkin as casual or as dressy as you want. But as far as its original purpose, if there is any such thing, it is a casual bag, meant to be used.
Best of luck

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
Please consult the threads to which you've been directed; thanks! There are also many threads on how/when to wear a Birkin which you may find useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.