Best "Revenge" Designer item

LanaA

Sep 27, 2016
Ever had a moment where you got sick of someone's treatment of you and wanted to get even? I'm not a designer person, i don't have any designer items. However there is that one family member (who I'm not really related to by blood) who for the past 5 years has somehow fed a lot of people convincing lies about me and my husband that are now actually bothering me.

I haven't cared until recently, but as ridiculous as it sounds, I know if I had a designer piece it'd shut her and her family up so fast.
What is that one designer item in terms of shoes or bags....that speaks volumes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kidclarke
Louboutins, but they'd have to be high so they see the red. A strass pair would be very noticeable too.

Manolo Hagisi.

Chanel classic flap, jumbo. Can't miss that.

There's some leather LVs, big metal logo, can't miss that. Some YSL bags also have an obvious logo.

Hermes Birkin or Kelly, but they'd have to know this is popular as this isn't obvious with the brand name.

Anything logo'd would be noticeable. But would you be sure this doesn't backfire? Lol.

Either way, a really interesting topic.

A solid gold Kelly from Hermes if you really want to show them that you couldn't decide between your love for jewelry and handbags. I can guarantee you that a solid gold handbag will draw at least some form of reaction from people.

Attachments

• Kelly.jpg
    Kelly.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 982
Reactions: bellebellebelle19
If it were me, I'd skip the shoes and go straight for a bag. It's more "in your face". I guess it also depends what your budget is. There are many more bags in the price range below Hermes/Chanel that can probably send the same message?

Reactions: LanaA
If this family member is willing to lie, she might spread rumors that you're resorting to buying fake designer goods. I've had more success shutting people up by letting them know where I own my primary residence, but her family probably already knows that about you. Good luck - it sounds like a difficult situation.

Unfortunately, I believe revenge purchases are a dangerous road.
Because you buy for someone else. Rather than to please yourself.
And they do not feel thrilling for more than 6 seconds. Then become burdens.

It sounds sooooooooo cliche. And is.
But the best revenge, truly, is living contentedly as exactly yourself.
Nothing to prove. And deciding others' drama/lies are not yours to control.

Hope helps.
(p.s. your jewelry collection, posted through forum, is impressive--take joy & pride there):cool:

Because you buy for someone else. Rather than to please yourself.:yucky:

Hope helps.
(p.s. your jewelry collection, posted through forum, is impressive--take joy & pride there):cool:

Very, very true...I pretty much just lost my temper the other day.
They came to my house with my in laws...because we are having a donation drive and literally asked for the things in my house, which I thought was so tacky, as if I wasn't going to donate. Then they took the little the piggy bank I saved up. I ending up letting them take it even though I use that to buy necessities for parents of children at the local hospital.
I need to just grow a backbone!

Reactions: remainsilly
If this family member is willing to lie, she might spread rumors that you're resorting to buying fake designer goods. I've had more success shutting people up by letting them know where I own my primary residence, but her family probably already knows that about you. Good luck - it sounds like a difficult situation.
Yes, I hadn't thought of that, you're probably right. I think being silent for 5 years hasn't really helped and now I may just need to speak up.

They came to my house with my in laws...because we are having a donation drive and literally asked for the things in my house, which I thought was so tacky, as if I wasn't going to donate. Then they took the little the piggy bank I saved up. I ending up letting them take it even though I use that to buy necessities for parents of children at the local hospital.

Standing up, with the support of your husband, will speak volumes over a designer item.

Next they come over and think they can say rude things or just take things, stop them. You and your husband have to stop them, as a team.

Because you buy for someone else. Rather than to please yourself.

Hope helps.
So true... I agree totally. Well said Bravo!!

Reactions: remainsilly

Sounds like you have toxic relatives. You should just try to ignore them or not give into their requests.

It's a tricky balance--kindness & backbone.
Especially with family.
An ongoing growth process.
Best wishes.

The best revenge in your situation would be to play their game. Next time you want to donate to your local hospital walk into their homes and ask for things. If they make any sort of demeaning comment or complaint just simply add "don't you want to help the sick children and their families?" It's a win win IMHO, you get to donate to a cause which you obviously care about and you get to show them how good of a person you are.