~* Best recommended Jewelry Cleaner/Polish product *~

laurayuki

Rational Narcissist
Sep 11, 2008
I'm not sure if there is a similar thread but I've been seeking info on some jewelry cleaning products lately since i've acquired a lot of bling lol

When I just had silver jewelry, a simple tiffany's polish works great but i don't know anything else. So here is my question and please share your tips!!

I know sometimes i use q tip to clean my rings (especially DY rings etc.) it gets to the corner of the back of the stone easier. With certain chains like some TIffany bracelet and dog tag necklace is the worst to clean by hand because you can never get to the corner of those loops!

I know I would like to clean my jewelry on a regular basis but don't have the time to bring everything to a store all at once so please share the following :smile:

1. Best silver cleaning / polishing product
2. Best gold cleaning product (any diff between 24k, 18k and 14k?)
3. Best cleaning product for jewelry with semi-precious or precious stones
4. Best cleaning equipment for all kinds of jewelry, espeically with necklaces or other chains that may be hard to clean by hand
5. Cloth to go with cleaning / polish?
6. Where to get these products?
7. Any home DIY tips?

Thanks guys!!:heart:

1. Best silver cleaning / polishing product: I don't use anything.

2. Best gold cleaning product (any diff between 24k, 18k and 14k?): SparkleSparkle Spray for Gold.

3. Best cleaning product for jewelry with semi-precious or precious stones: SparkleSparkle spray for delicate or by metal. I LOVE this product. I have a professional ultrasonic unit and steamer and I rarely use either because the spray works so well.

4. Best cleaning equipment for all kinds of jewelry, espeically with necklaces or other chains that may be hard to clean by hand:
Again, Sparkle Sparkle based on the metal.
5. Cloth to go with cleaning / polish?
I use an old t-shirt really.

6. Where to get these products?
nventa.com is where I buy my sparkle sparkle. A vendor who I had a horrible experience with turned me on to this...ironically it's the only positive thing to come from that experience. I buy this stuff like crazy. And I have started getting little kits that I give to all my new bride clients (I do wedding invites,etc)

7. Any home DIY tips?
If you have Pave or bead-set rings don't use an ultrasonic. Use really hot water for diamonds and platinum but cooler for other stones and metals. Alcohol and Windex (as long as there is no bleach) work great for diamonds and platinum. For gold do not use anything with ammonia.

Reactions: USCGirlie
I've heard great things about the jewelry cleaning products that they sell at Kay Jewelers. I can't find the name, but it comes in the red boxes/jars.

I use Worley's Wonder and a soft toothbrush for my gold and diamond/gemstone jewelry. I let it soak for a few minutes in the solution and then gently clean it with a toothbrush.

I just use a regular silver polishing cloth for my silver jewelry. It doesn't tarnish all that much.

For silver this stuff is amazing!!!! I buy it at the grocery store. I highly recommend it. Sometimes use it on my gold and it works great.:tup:

Attachments

• 101821_front200.jpg
    101821_front200.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 135
I use Salton's Jewlery Spa. It works GREAT!! It comes with a solution that cleans it with a charge, and then there's a steam function to clean out any residue/dirt from wearing... Never seen my diamonds and Tiffany jewelry so sparkly!