Best price for LV... Czech, Austria, or Hungary?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Hi Ladies!
    I know in general, prices are better in Europe especially with the VAT tax refund. But is there a difference in pricing (or better VAT refund) between Czech, Austria, or Hungary and the best place of those 3 to buy? I'm looking particularly at the Duomo Hobo if anyone has specific pricing for that item. Their website does not seem to have these particular country to select to see the pricing. Thanks for any info!
    And if I buy in Czech or Austria, the fly out from Hungary, since they are all part of EU, but different currency, can I still get the VAT refund from that point of departure?

2. Hi, I am not sure about LV but I have paid slightly more in Prague for my Jimmy Choos because of the currency. I guess Austria would be the best choice. Refund should be okay as they use Global Tax Free anyhow.

3. Purpleboots, I can tell you couple of Hungarian prices and then you can compare. Neverfull MM Monogram was 300.000,00 HUF 2 weeks ago. Canvas Minibelt 25mm was 87.000,00 HUF. These are gross prices include 27% VAT. You get back appr. 16% VAT with tax refund. After tax refund I paid for the Neverfull net 262.000 HUF which is appr. 840 EUR. Why don't you check the VAT % for Austria and Czech as well?