best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger candy and shane! Hold on! Alot forumers have been following your progress and cheering you on. :biggrin: endure~~~~
I envy you guys that can go for ops in a few mths time..
I'm still in uni.. have to use those $$ for sch.. Hais.
Got to wait till I'm working, pay off all my past sch bills then can save up for op..
Duno if till then Dr Hong still has gd eyes and hands to perform surgery or not. T_T

Haha thanks for your compliment.
First of all, you send an email to the clinic you want to get a consultation at.
I sent my email to [email protected] with my questions and everything. I don't think it is possible to view your photos online for doctor consultation. They normally want you to make a visit for accurate information.
It is also better for you to actually meet the doctor to see if you are comfortable with the doctor. If you want though, you can try the simulation thing on BK website to see your possible result. I tried mine and it was quite fun. :smile:

Thanks alot dan! I've just saw the simulation thing on their web! I cant wait to try it out! You've been really helpful :biggrin::biggrin:

Hey boys and gals!

Ok my report one day late cos the whole of ytd was chasing ( if u know what I mean) my Korean drama. Went for my follow up ytd , finally the cast on my nose was off ,the nose look ok but I think in time to come it will be more define, my nose was not big before now it look full and Dr Hong said a more define nose give me more youthful look. I don't know about other hospital but I must said I'm impressed with BK doctor ,day 1 after op Dr Hong came in the morning to cheers me up, first follow up was really nothing just cleaning the stitches but second follow up was to remove all the bandages and nose cast ( yes BIG DEAL!!) after the nurse done with me they ask me to wait for Dr Hong to come up because he wanted to see my progress personally :smile: So there came my good old man sit me down get me to hold up the mirror and big smile on his face. He said there isn't much swelling on my jaw because i wear the compression well,just my cheek need more icing ,nose doing good too! no major bruise which was anticipated. I think if I'm a student I score most 'A' He said I will look pretty and ask me to go out for walk because he understand staying in these days for the face to recover might make one feel depress!

Since my Doctor give me a green light , I head out today just walk around the mall and this surely help by the time I get back I can tell the swelling in going down south, oh forgot to mention after the bandages was taken off I start eating bread and sushi and I can brush my teeth too! If measure by fingers ...... I can now stick two fingers into my mouth. Just before I wrote this I ask Shane how much swelling have gone down on me and we both agreed it's already 70 percent gone. I thank my lucky star that's watching over me and the only concern now it the final result is as close as what I have imagine and no further complication. My finger still crossed.

Never formally thanks Shane , well even though he just next to me now but I want ppl to know having someone supportive and hold your hand the moment you wake up form the op is priceless.

Shane thank you very much!
You are doing well too I can tell your swelling going off too!
Three cheers for us !

Cross-posting from Asian Nose Job 3:
SEPTEMBER GROUP:

Just a quick update for upcoming September procedures:
(Please feel free to add your name to the list if you are arriving into Korea during Sept - make sure you have already purchased your flight ticket)
- Schrodinger: VIP Clinic, September 8th - 24th.
- KKim120: ?
- London_Chick: ?
- Jekki: ?
- Bobbycat: ?

Eva dropped out due to work ):
Here's the calendar I have created for our September group:
https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...roup.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
(For newbies to Google Calendar: In the upper left-hand corner, you can push the forward arrow to get to September).

If you want to add your official details (tickets booked, arrival / departure dates and surgery dates / consultations etc), please drop me a message and I can add it in (or if you have a gmail account, i can add you to the calendar).

Please provide your name and extra details that you are comfortable in revealing (age, location you're coming from, gender... blah blah candlelit dinners, long walks on the beach), or if you would like to be referred by your username instead, let me know. :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to planning a special outing so we can meet-and-greet each other before we all get beat up.

End note: I've also created a spreadsheet that you can add your details with:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlAQuOCgeQeVdDhIa2MtT0FCaXFYWVJFaVhiVHRkSlE
Feel free to add/edit only your own details, (I will edit if I see something off like formatting).
I'm heading over to Item Clinic on the 17th Sept. Will leave on the 26th Sept. Where will you be staying at? So far I have not found anyone heading there at the same time as me, and frankly, I'm really lost and scared.

And does anyone know if Item clinic's Dr Kim Jin-Sung is good? He came over to Singapore for a consultation last week and although I've attended, everything seemed so rushed.

And so far on this thread, nobody has mentioned anything about Item Clinic. Heard that the surgeons from Item Clinic are formally from BK plastic surgery centre.

Any advice?

Day number 6 since my cheek bone reduction, revision rhino a d dermis implant surgery that i had with dr shin of BK. woke up today with a nearly clog up nose. Had to breathe pretty hard or through the mouth just to get some air in me. I knew it was due to dry nasal congestion. Try not to let it bother me so much but was really getting annoy by it. So took in a couple nasal spray which i got from ID for my 2 jaws surgery. Fiddle around with a couple of Q tip as well. Eventually Manage to free up the airway. As for the swelling, i started take notice that some of the swelling has begin to migrate to the lower part of my face. Thats a great sign that the swelling is beginning to subside. Unfortunately didn't do as much walking around as i like. Ginger candy went out and walk around at the coex mall, which help with her swelling. I am still using ice pack every second of every minute and every hours. Its the only thing that help with the swelling. The compression head bandages did very little to help my swelling. So i stop using it. Overall my face is starting to take shape. The curvy linear line is getting more and more obvious everyday and tomorrow my nose cast comes off. So finally will have full view of my new nose very soon. I simply can't wait. I know i'm just going to love it as much as my eyes and the new contour of my face. Keeping my finger cross for that.

Day number 6 since my cheek bone reduction, revision rhino a d dermis implant surgery that i had with dr shin of BK. woke up today with a nearly clog up nose. Had to breathe pretty hard or through the mouth just to get some air in me. I knew it was due to dry nasal congestion. Try not to let it bother me so much but was really getting annoy by it. So took in a couple nasal spray which i got from ID for my 2 jaws surgery. Fiddle around with a couple of Q tip as well. Eventually Manage to free up the airway. As for the swelling, i started take notice that some of the swelling has begin to migrate to the lower part of my face. Thats a great sign that the swelling is beginning to subside. Unfortunately didn't do as much walking around as i like. Ginger candy went out and walk around at the coex mall, which help with her swelling. I am still using ice pack every second of every minute and every hours. Its the only thing that help with the swelling. The compression head bandages did very little to help my swelling. So i stop using it. Overall my face is starting to take shape. The curvy linear line is getting more and more obvious everyday and tomorrow my nose cast comes off. So finally will have full view of my new nose very soon. I simply can't wait. I know i'm just going to love it as much as my eyes and the new contour of my face. Keeping my finger cross for that.

Howdy Shane. Hopes alls good with u.

I decide to fly to Seoul on 27/08. Would u still be in Seoul by then 'cos Im hoping meet some forum members.

Cheers :smile:

Last edited:
I'm heading over to Item Clinic on the 17th Sept. Will leave on the 26th Sept. Where will you be staying at? So far I have not found anyone heading there at the same time as me, and frankly, I'm really lost and scared.

And does anyone know if Item clinic's Dr Kim Jin-Sung is good? He came over to Singapore for a consultation last week and although I've attended, everything seemed so rushed.

And so far on this thread, nobody has mentioned anything about Item Clinic. Heard that the surgeons from Item Clinic are formally from BK plastic surgery centre.

Any advice?
Hiya, if you check the link above you'll see a few of us going. I'm also going to item clinic for a consultation with doctor Kim :smile: on the 13th and I'll have my rhinoplasty on the 14th. I've heard very good reviews about dr Kim as well as item clinic in general. However I do think it's down to the consultations so I suggest you have several consultations booked. When I'm there I'm happy to meet up with you and let you know my thoughts on dr Kim and the consultation. I'm leaving on the 27th. Pm me for any more info :smile:

gingerCandy said:
Hey boys and gals!

Ok my report one day late cos the whole of ytd was chasing ( if u know what I mean) my Korean drama. Went for my follow up ytd , finally the cast on my nose was off ,the nose look ok but I think in time to come it will be more define, my nose was not big before now it look full and Dr Hong said a more define nose give me more youthful look. I don't know about other hospital but I must said I'm impressed with BK doctor ,day 1 after op Dr Hong came in the morning to cheers me up, first follow up was really nothing just cleaning the stitches but second follow up was to remove all the bandages and nose cast ( yes BIG DEAL!!) after the nurse done with me they ask me to wait for Dr Hong to come up because he wanted to see my progress personally :smile: So there came my good old man sit me down get me to hold up the mirror and big smile on his face. He said there isn't much swelling on my jaw because i wear the compression well,just my cheek need more icing ,nose doing good too! no major bruise which was anticipated. I think if I'm a student I score most 'A' He said I will look pretty and ask me to go out for walk because he understand staying in these days for the face to recover might make one feel depress!

Since my Doctor give me a green light , I head out today just walk around the mall and this surely help by the time I get back I can tell the swelling in going down south, oh forgot to mention after the bandages was taken off I start eating bread and sushi and I can brush my teeth too! If measure by fingers ...... I can now stick two fingers into my mouth. Just before I wrote this I ask Shane how much swelling have gone down on me and we both agreed it's already 70 percent gone. I thank my lucky star that's watching over me and the only concern now it the final result is as close as what I have imagine and no further complication. My finger still crossed.

Never formally thanks Shane , well even though he just next to me now but I want ppl to know having someone supportive and hold your hand the moment you wake up form the op is priceless.

Shane thank you very much!
You are doing well too I can tell your swelling going off too!
Three cheers for us !

Hi ginger candy,my two thumb up for u

Just can't wait for ur b/a picture,hope the best for u ,and as 70 percent swelling is gone,u r fast consider it only 6 days from ur ops

Eightbelow said:
Howdy Shane. Hopes alls good with u.

I decide to fly to Seoul on 27/08. Would u still be in Seoul by then 'cos Im hoping meet some forum members.

Cheers :smile:

Unfortunately i am leaving on the 26th of august. If you want to meet up, it would have to be before i depart :smile:

kimberly22 said:
I live in the states/ and want to travel to Korea to the Bando Eye Clinic for revision double eyelid surgery. Can ANYONE give me the phone number? And possibly DR.CHOs first name??

You may want to go back a few post and read one member terrible experience with bando eye clinic. I haven't had anything done there before so i reserve any negative comment about this clinic, but for your sake i encourage you to read back at this thread to see what other has to say about the clinic.

yurixie said:
Ginger candy and shane! Hold on! Alot forumers have been following your progress and cheering you on. :biggrin: endure~~~~
I envy you guys that can go for ops in a few mths time..
I'm still in uni.. have to use those $$ for sch.. Hais.
Got to wait till I'm working, pay off all my past sch bills then can save up for op..
Duno if till then Dr Hong still has gd eyes and hands to perform surgery or not. T_T

Thanks for your encouragement. My healing is coming along nicely but pale in comparison to ginger candy who is having a field day with her recovery process. Its amazing how fast her swelling has come down. I can only hope that my swelling doesn't get worse then when it first started :smile: you hang in there your self my dear. Education comes first before anything else. Dr hong is a terrific surgeon despite what you may heard from other. So i have no doubt that time will only excel on his current knowledge and skill as a plastic surgeon. Dr hong did an amazing job with ginger candy and i'm sure he will do an equally beautiful job on you when ever you ready to take that plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.