best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I might go either in the first two weeks of August or October to do V-line and nose surgeries with ID. I am trying to find a buddy so we can share hotel fees and support each other. Also, having a buddy won't make the korea trip not too boring!
hi, have u decided when to go? I have just decided to go to Korea for mandibular reduction on the first two weeks of August. Try to find a buddy now!

I plan on consulting with them, so if I remember, I'll definitely ask for you :P
thanks kkim! :smile: that would really help me before making a decision! :smile:
would be great if you could ask the price range too!

when r u going? and what are you planning to do?

i just realized from previous chain you're going in sept, so... just ignote my qn.. :P

Last edited:
Hi, I'm very new here. Is some one in this forum know where is the best for Vline face and cheekbone, and re-nose job, please help. I got consultation from BK, and Grand but still waiting for VIP. And want to do mini liposuction and calf reduction too. But I don't know if it's too much to do it at once. I am going to go there end Aug. Plz help

hi guys and gurls,

apologize for not being here as often. been kinda busy preping for my up coming trip to seoul next month, that and my website which for interested to know is coming along nicely. i am currently working on the catagories which have kept me busy over the last few days. i'm trying to sort everything out, trying to make it as comprehensive as possible while still keeping it simple and easy to navigate. i would love to seek out the opinion of those here. should i go with a an extremely comprehensive list of catagories, or just a simple condense list? an example would be cosmetic filler. now we all know there are hundred of injectable filler in the market from aquamid to zyderm to cosmoplast. now i could list out all the brands which would take me a while to collect the information, or place it under a single term, SYNTHETIC INJECTABLE FILLER. something like that. there are pro and con of the two. the pro being that it will be an exhausted list of every cosmetic filler known in the industries. but the con of it is almost every clinic in korea that i know of carry only one or two popular brand of synthetic filler. Botox for example is the brand most commonly used by korean clinic. Dysport is another brand of botulium toxin which is FDA approved, but to my knowledge hardly any korean clinic carry the brand. and when it comes to botilium toxin, there are type A and type B. type A being the the FDA approved brand while type B is still popular but not FDA approved. there are hundred of synthetic filler brand which most of us have never even heard of. so if i go with a comprehensive list, i might be a waste of precious space to list them in the catagories. i'm leaning toward just narrowing the brand down to just a single term making it a lot easier for folk like you to navigate and would definetlely make my job a lot easier as well. below is an abriviated example of one of the catagories (Cheek) on my list. do let me know if i'm miss anything on this list, or made a mistakes. a lot of the information i gathered from the internet so its hard to tell which sources is legit and which isn't.

Cheek (zygoma)

Cheek augmentation (implant) – Silicone
Cheek augmentation (implant) – Polytetrafluoroethylene ePTFE (Gor Tex, Softform, etc…)
Cheek augmentation (implant) – Polyethylene (Med Por)
Cheek augmentation (filler) – Hyaluronic Acid-Based (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane)
Cheek augmentation (filler) – Collagen (Zyplast, Zyderm, Evolence, etc…)
Cheek augmentation (filler) – Botulinum Toxin (Botox, Dysport)
Cheek augmentation (filler/implant) – Autologous
Cheek augmentation (filler) – Synthetic filler (Aqumid, Radiesse, Artifill, etc…)
Cheek augmentation (filler) – fat grafting
Cheek augmentation (filler) – liquid silicone (Adatosil, Silikon 1000, Silskin, etc…)
Cheek Reduction – 3D Zygoma reduction
Cheek Reduction – Zygoma arch reduction
Cheek Reduction – Zygoma body reduction
Cheek Reduction – Buccal Fat removal
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Tumescent Technique
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Dry Technique
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Wet Technique
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Super Wet Technique
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Ultrasonic Assist Liposuction UAL
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Vaser Liposuction
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Power Assist Liposuction PAL
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Laser Liposuction
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Smartlipo
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - CoolLipo
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Prolipo Plus
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Lipotherme
Cheek Reduction (Liposuction) - Water assist Liposuction

have you considered organizing it like a tree instead of a list?

so the root category would be facial surgery
sub categories would be cheek augmentation, and cheek reduction seperately
Cheek augmentation would have sub categories for implant, and filler
Cheek Reduction would have sub categories for bone, and liposuction
and you could divide it into further categories if you want.

Hi guys, I'll be doing my surgery soon. I just have a few quick questions. Do clinics provide ice packs? Should we stock up on food before the surgery, what kind of food? Is there a supermarket in Gangnam Gu. How do we get about outside on a daily basis after surgery, with a mask?

Hi guys, I'll be doing my surgery soon. I just have a few quick questions. Do clinics provide ice packs? Should we stock up on food before the surgery, what kind of food? Is there a supermarket in Gangnam Gu. How do we get about outside on a daily basis after surgery, with a mask?

Most clinics should provide ice packs.

What procedures are you getting? I think there's no need to stock up food as you will still be able to move around after you gain your conscious. Unless you plan to hide in the hotel until you pack your luggage and leave Seoul. I actually advice you to walk around more. When I brought my mom and sister there, they walk around a lot even after surgeries (they both had liposuctions done).

There are a lot of supermarket in gangnam. Apparently, almost everywhere. And getting outside shouldn't be a problem, with and without the mask. No one will stare at you like you're an alien. Hope this helps! ;)

Thank you so much.

Most clinics should provide ice packs.

What procedures are you getting? I think there's no need to stock up food as you will still be able to move around after you gain your conscious. Unless you plan to hide in the hotel until you pack your luggage and leave Seoul. I actually advice you to walk around more. When I brought my mom and sister there, they walk around a lot even after surgeries (they both had liposuctions done).

There are a lot of supermarket in gangnam. Apparently, almost everywhere. And getting outside shouldn't be a problem, with and without the mask. No one will stare at you like you're an alien. Hope this helps! ;)

Hey,
My dates are already set.. Sept. 13th through Sept. 24. If you're in Korea around then, you're totally welcome to join me and a bunch of other forumers :smile:
Hey guys, I've been reading these forums for the past few weeks and they've really helped me make my decision in going to Seoul for my rhinoplasty. It can be all so overwhelming, what with researching on which materials to best use for your nose - implant or not, which cartilage would work best, blah, blah, blah.

I wanted to recommend to you guys whilst you are researching, to also read on the RealSelf website. If you have any questions about certain materials, side effects etc, I found their website (as well as this ofcourse!) very useful, as other people who have asked the same questions get all their replies by real surgeons (all American I think). It's also good to read in the purseforums too for further debate and discussion.

For myself, I am from London with Asian background and I have already booked my flights to Seoul on the 12th Sept - 27th Sept. I've booked for three consultations at ITEM, Banobagi and JW. The last few weeks I've been emailing a few of the clinics with several photos (of all different angles of my nose which I think really helps them) I'd tell them 1) What I feel lacks in definition/what the problems are 2) What I want to achieve, and 3) What procedure the doctor would recommend on me. Then I would compare and contrast their responses.

I have to be honest and say, I have no idea which clinic I will choose from. They all have pros and cons. That makes me feel a tiny bit nervous as it means I have to choose on the day I have all three consultations and I am not one to decide in the last minute (I like to plan ahead!) However, I also like the fact that I will judge according to what my instincts tell me on the day of the consultation, as I can't tell over emails now! Plus, after the surgeon looks at my nose face to face, he might suggest something completely different to what he recommended in his email. Who knows?

This is what has been recommended to me from one of the doctors, after viewing my photos:

1) Tip plasty using septal cartilage and tip debulking to make tip smaller,higher and proper position
2) humpectomy and raping(griding)
3) lateral osteotomy of nasal bone to make bony base narrow
4) Silicone implant 1mm to make smooth line and cover irregularity

To be honest, it all sounds good a part from the silicone bit, as I am reluctant to have any foreign materials in my nose. The last thing I want is to fly all the way back to South Korea at some point in the future (even if it's in 10 years time!) to have a revision, in the off chance that there is deviation or extrusion. However, having said that, this doctor also said that the 1mm of silicone was to smooth and cover the irregularity, and NOT to give me nose bridge, as I already have a nose bridge, but it just slopes quite down from there. Therefore, perhaps 1mm is so small that it's more safe than say, 3mm of silicone..? I have no idea, if anyone could enlighten me on this, that would be great.

I'd personally like to use just my septal cartilage, and perhaps ear cartilage if there isn't enough septal cartilage. That is just me personally. However, I may end up using silicone too if that is what is needed to achieve the look and shape that I want of my nose.

I also wanted to agree with a lot of other reviewers who said VIP clinic like to use rib cartilage for the nose. That is correct. And due to using rib, it is more expensive. However, please be sure before you consider rib. In my own personal case, I know I definitely don't need rib because I already have a nose bridge.. It is just the tip and debulking of the the nose tissue at the end of my nose that I'd like to work on. The doctor at VIP however recommended rib, but I know it just wouldn't work for me. The other 4/5 other clinics said that I didn't need to use rib also. I am sure they are very good at it (hence likes to use it so often) and that for some people, that could be their best option, but do make sure first whether you actually really need it or not, and if other cartilages suffice instead. For me they were also charging A LOT. At the end of the day, every nose is different, so do lots of research and prepare questions to the surgeon.

The other good thing that has help me prepare for the trip is writing down in a book all the tips that I have read (which you lovely people have shared). For example, tips on helping the swelling go down, which shopping areas to go to, etc etc.

I also to share this link with you guys too..
http://nangmui.vn/news/380d/nose-surgery-with-septal-cartilage.html

Hope you can open it. It basically goes into detail about using different materials for your nose. If you scroll all the way down you can read other articles such as "Revision Rhinoplasty", "Types of Nose Surgery" etc. I wouldn't take it for gospel, but its all about research, so it may be insightful to you.

When I first wanted to get a nose job, I (probably like yourselves) googled "best plastic surgeon for rhinoplasty in Seoul" or something along those lines. I really doubt that there is THE best surgery or surgeon for that matter, for rhinoplasty in Seoul. I'm sure they are all good, but it's just a matter of going with the doctor that understands you and your needs. I'm talking like I've already had it done lol. But this is what I am hoping for when I have the consultation, because I've realised there isn't a point in my fretting about it now. I'll keep on reading forums and research but that's really as far as I can go I think. Therefore, if you are like me and concerned about which clinic to choose from before you've left to go to Seoul, please don't fret. Just make sure you email several clinics with several emails (good old copy and paste, copy and paste...) of your problem, and compare and contrast the replies. Then make sure you book a day for your consultation, and a time, and then fly to Seoul with an open mind. I was quite nervous the last week or two, but I feel more relaxed about it, now that everything is booked. I just have to mentally and emotionally prepare for what is to come (particularly the recover phase, oh joy!) But in the end, I will trust and have faith in the surgeon that I end up choosing.

I hope my comments have helped a little. For those who are serious about having your surgery please be reassured and don't worry, we are all in the same boat together! :smile:

So, if there is anyone who will be in Seoul during 13th-27th, do drop me a line so we can meet up. I'm a big fan of eating out, sipping fresh smoothies, shopping, talking and having a laugh!

London_chick
x

ahhh summerline! relax.. when are you going for rhino? Actually if i were to do silicon rhino, VIP & Item would be in my list too! :smile:

what's shimmian website? i could find it unless its the blogspot account...??

shimmian website is nose.co.kr..

I don't know, I haven't decided yet. what about you?
I've been looking around a lot of b&a pics in JW, Item, BK, Banobagi, Shimmian, Vip, and a lot more.

I think all of the doctors did great jobs.
Usually in the b&a pics you can see frontal view and side view.
Most of the docs did great jobs if you're looking at it from the side view but not all of them can do great job in contouring and reducing wide nostrils (wide nostrils is my main concern).

most of the docs make the nostrils look not as wide as before but it's even more bulkier I think..I don't know how to explain this :thinking:

I haven't found any surgeon who can reducing wide nostril impressively..
do you have any idea? is anybody have any idea?:biggrin:

its about 10 million won for both nose revision and zygoma revision. if i decide to do both at ID or both at BK, i could probably get it much cheaper. if i am doing both in the same clinic, i would most likely do it at ID. the only thing that would make me change my mind is if i decide to go with dermis instead of silicone, since only BK does dermis implant for the bridge of the nose. as i said before, i am fine with either dr kim of ID or dr shin of Bk doing my nose if i decide to go with silicone. since only only dr shin does dermis, i would have to go with BK if i choose that for my bridge. if i do choose bk for my nose, i could stay at their guest house free of charge so that would save me a lot of money. other wise i would be staying at highland hotel which isn't free, but it is cheaper than sunshine or la casa.

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply. If you are doing your rhino at BK are u still doing zygoma at ID? If so how are u going to do so? Can u go have ur surgery done at ID and go back to the guest house of BK? lol if thats so i wanna go BK for fat grafting hopefully and have my nose and cheek done at ID.. or maybe cheek at ID and nose and fat graft in BK... Im confused now..

its about 10 million won for both nose revision and zygoma revision. if i decide to do both at ID or both at BK, i could probably get it much cheaper. if i am doing both in the same clinic, i would most likely do it at ID. the only thing that would make me change my mind is if i decide to go with dermis instead of silicone, since only BK does dermis implant for the bridge of the nose. as i said before, i am fine with either dr kim of ID or dr shin of Bk doing my nose if i decide to go with silicone. since only only dr shin does dermis, i would have to go with BK if i choose that for my bridge. if i do choose bk for my nose, i could stay at their guest house free of charge so that would save me a lot of money. other wise i would be staying at highland hotel which isn't free, but it is cheaper than sunshine or la casa.

Sorry Shane, how much is BK charging you for dermis rhino? Are they any good at doing tip plasty? I like the idea of having dermis than implants.

shimmian website is nose.co.kr..

I don't know, I haven't decided yet. what about you?
I've been looking around a lot of b&a pics in JW, Item, BK, Banobagi, Shimmian, Vip, and a lot more.

I think all of the doctors did great jobs.
Usually in the b&a pics you can see frontal view and side view.
Most of the docs did great jobs if you're looking at it from the side view but not all of them can do great job in contouring and reducing wide nostrils (wide nostrils is my main concern).

most of the docs make the nostrils look not as wide as before but it's even more bulkier I think..I don't know how to explain this :thinking:

I haven't found any surgeon who can reducing wide nostril impressively..
do you have any idea? is anybody have any idea?:biggrin:

i have the same concern as you too! i have wide & fleshy nostrils (you refer the side of the nose right?) and short & bridge-less nose. LOL!!! :P

by bulkier, do you mean the area i make in the pic-the pic i just got it off from the PS web. lol!

i have no idea which surgeon is best at this, but maybe some experienced forumers might have?

Hmm if you want me to rate those ps clinics that you've wrote, i would rate...
1. bano & bk
2. VIP, Item
3. JW
4. Shimmian

That's just what i rate based on the b&a pics.. i like the shape of the nose (side view and tip)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 958
Status
Not open for further replies.