best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
I am planning to go mid Oct (Oct 19th to Nov 2nd). Any go-ers at this time? I've heard that this time is less busy before the winter break (Nov and Dec)

Let me know! Thanks

Hi MiaAnn
I wish you could go on mid september, there are also other forumers who will go on mid september too.
have you decided the surgeon yet?

I am leaving on 26 Aug. HOw many boxes do we need? After surgery, our mouth and throat would be painful and we are only allowed liquid diet. Do we open the capsule and stir the powder to our drinks?

Hi,
You may open the capsule mix with your drinks. 1-2 boxes is enough for your surgery (1box for 4days supply). For me, i m kind of slow recover after surgery, i will take 2 boxes.
By the way, where are you from?

wow that's a lot more expensive than I thought..I also read some stories from the forumers who have done plastic surgery there and it wasn't that expensive..so what clinic do you choose?

yea, it is expensive! i'm kinda lost now... coz i didn't know it could be this expensive and im quite certain to get a rib cart rhino... :sad:

according to the B&A of the website, VIP is my first choice, then, o&young then regen.

how about you? which one are u choosing??

I am going for my honeymoon until September 15th... are you guys going begining or ending of September? I can try to make it late September (if I dont get killed at work!)

i'll probably going on mid september. I'll be begining on mid september and I will be staying there for 2 weeks.. I'm really sorry I can't go on october because I have to start working since then. I just graduated from university and I will be start working on early october..

yea, it is expensive! i'm kinda lost now... coz i didn't know it could be this expensive and im quite certain to get a rib cart rhino... :sad:

according to the B&A of the website, VIP is my first choice, then, o&young then regen.

how about you? which one are u choosing??

My first choice is Shimmian because I like the b&a pics, VIP and Item but I still have like 10 more in my lists, those 3 are my top lists.
It's very confusing choosing the right surgeon because the result is permanent and it's in the middle of your face....
aaaaaaaa i'm so confuseeed

Hey KKim,

Im not sure of my schedule yet cause im actually still saving up for the surgeries. Have you already made up ur mind of where you going and which PS? I was thinking of using the 1st 2 days to go around for consultation and survey and hopefully start the procedure on the 3rd day. Probably staying for 2 weeks but then again depends on my budget.. =(
I was hoping that i can go early sept so i can have more time to heal before end of the year. And also, i know it's very diff if i dont speak korean there i'm afraid i'll not be able to make it alone..

Hey,
My dates are already set.. Sept. 13th through Sept. 24. If you're in Korea around then, you're totally welcome to join me and a bunch of other forumers :smile:

wow that's a lot more expensive than I thought..I also read some stories from the forumers who have done plastic surgery there and it wasn't that expensive..so what clinic do you choose?

That's probably because they didn't use rib graft cartilage... I think that's the most expensive rhinoplasty you can do. Most people seem to be getting Silicone, and the famous Shane77 is planning on getting dermis (whatever that is..). You should decide what type of implant you feel comfortable with getting and contact clinics for a cost estimate...

I don't know if Migo offers rib graft rhinplasty. On their Korean website, they have a "cost estimator" and rib graft rhino isn't an option... Maybe cause I'm still waking up, I haven't seen it.. lol. But I do know that they never respond to these online consultation requests from their English website. Which makes me wonder... why have them in the first place?

Good luck to you all! and keep us updated!!

Hahaha I guess we can get plastered on one shot together in our next family reunion! :biggrin:

Isn't she? Letting me get drunk in public and even encouraging it... LOLs

I guess you all will have an amazing time come april!

I don't mean to be a creep, but it says that you're from NYC under your pictureless avatar. I'm meeting another forumer in August when I go up to visit. If you're down and she's down, we can have a little pregaming of our own! LOL

Well if your friend is down than why not since you will be in NYC...So I hear your into electronic music. When in aug are you visiting? If its the end of august you are in for a little treat. The NY Electric Zoo Festival is going on:

http://www.madeevent.com/ElectricZoo/

But just one drink ok:P

Hey folks,
I am new to this forum..just stumbled across it when I was looking for surgery in Korea..
I have been reading this for quite a while..especially the posts from Shane and HKdoohey..
I learnt a lot ..thank you guys..
Now my question is: i am planning to do eyes surgery and revision of my nose.
My eyes are semi-double, which means I have crease but they are small.
I had a nose implant (sillicone) about 2years ago in Thailand (not sure if i can name the clinic ). I did lots of research back then and Korea has never come across my mind, that is why I chose Thailand. Doc was very good no need of a translator as they speak good english but I am not satisfied with my nose job...
My main concern is with infection and recovery, since I am diabetics (with insulin) for over 27 years!!!
My nose recovery was quite long (i am a long healer!!). I think about 3-4weeks.
So I was wondering how it will be with eyes and nose at the same time?
Anybody here who have this experience or know anybody who went for PS with a speicifc illness??
Sorry for the long post....

Well if your friend is down than why not since you will be in NYC...So I hear your into electronic music. When in aug are you visiting? If its the end of august you are in for a little treat. The NY Electric Zoo Festival is going on:

http://www.madeevent.com/ElectricZoo/

But just one drink ok:P

Oh Bummer... I'll be gone by then... :sad: I'll PM you the deets of my visit.

And okay. one drink. But only with half a shot! LOL

4 Weeks Post Op Update – I wonder if I can take up a whole page….Grab yourself a nice cup of tea, fling off those flip flops, settle down for an enjoyable read:

Well guys it been a magic month already, how time flies…..

If you are an avid follower (if not why not?) you will know I started some tablets called Serrapeptase recently, a natural product made by little wiggly silkworms. They claim the enzyme will dissolve dead tissue, significantly decrease swelling after any surgery, reduce old and new scars and in general make you heal a heck of a lot faster. It has many other benefits besides a healthy immune, improves joints (not the smoking type), sounds like if I take these I will become superwoman. So I bought some, heck why not, after all I’d love to be superwoman!! I’ve been taking 2 tablets a day for 4 days. Now you could call this a coincidence but I don’t think so. You avid followers (not you others) will know from my blogs that I have a keloid scar by my left eye from the lateral epi op, I had already given you the tip to not rub it but gently tap it with your finger, I still stand by this. Well, in the last 2 days it’s halved in size, not that it was the size of an egg or anything but it was big enough for me to dislike it sticking out from my face, you could call it an eye sore, pun intended! If it dissolves altogether by me taking my silkworm scar eating enzyme tablets I will let you all know. Staying on the subject of these tablets I would like you all to stand up and cheer, I would like to announce the anticipated return of my dimples, what a relief, I really love my dimples and missed them like a long lost friend. This can only mean one thing the swelling in my cheeks have decreased. I know what you are thinking and yes, I do still look related to Alvin the Chipmunk but not as much, last week I would forgive you if you asked us ‘were you separated at birth’ but this week it would be rude for you to make such a comment.

Moving on to my paranasal smile. Hmm… even though my long lost friends are back I am not too happy with the paranasal implants yet. Before I had these little plastic suckers inserted in to each side of my nose I smiled like the midday sun, beaming from ear to ear. But now there has been an eclipse and I’m not liking it. I know, give it more time I hear you yell but I yell back, “I don’t have time, random people keep smiling at me and I try to smile back but I look like Wallace and Gromit”, my top lip just won’t bend, it’s rigid and with my bottom lip is a bit swollen so don’t expect me to smile back trust me, it’s scary. So I have fired off an email to ID, 4 DAYS AGO, how long does it take for you to reply, it’s a simple question, give me some answers!! So there it is my first negative comment about ID. I’ve also just fired off some emails to a few forumers from the Asian Nose threads that have had the same procedure and hope they will reply soon. I need to hear from someone with first hand experience, not a friend of a friend. Just the facts ma’am just the facts (Blues Brother, great film)!

On to my lovely foxy nose. I’ve emailed like a100 photos to you guys and about 30 of you have come back with comments, the other 70 must still be looking in awe, rigor mortis has probably set in their fingers. Thanks lovelies for all your comments, much appreciated. I will try answer some of the common questions asked. Yes it does still hurt a bit especially when I forget and run my hands over my face or dive in to scratch an itch. The silicone feels more sturdy under my skin and has held it’s own with new tissue growth, it’s nice and snug in there, I don’t think there is much chance of it deviating unless I walk into a lamp post. The tip which is mainly my ears (cartilage) is not as hard as I thought it would be, I can bend it like ……, sorry drifted off again, I can bend it ok but tend not to much as it’s still healing. I am sure there is some swelling, after all it’s only been one twelth of a year, but it’s not visible to me or others. To be honest, my ears hurt more than my nose. I can’t tolerate the sleeping with 3 pillow propped up regime any longer so I whipped one away, I’ve promoted myself to only 2 pillows and trying to sleep on my side, this is the only time my reduced cartilage ears hurt. Having had all my nostril hairs shaved off by the Doc they are starting to grow back, reminds me of little hedgehogs emerging from hibernation, I thought I'd share that with you, you're welcome. I do still have two massive swollen scars inside my nose but the dissolvable stitching has nearly all gone. Still can’t pick my nose, my fingers are too big. Too much information maybe.

Lets talk V Line and Sliding Genio, (which doesn’t slide at all, and if it did it would freak me out). Since I’ve put the swelling on a new diet plan, I’m look a bit more elegant this week. The part that refuses to diet is my chin. Dr Park did tell me this so it’s no surprise. The inside of my cheeks where they stitched me up still feels like a patchwork quilt. It’s twice as bulgy on the left as it is the right and when I eat they get really mad at me and start swelling up twice their size, then my gums decide to have a go too and they start swelling up so I eat quite fast or there’s not much room to squeeze my in food. I’m still munching on soft foods, the hardest thing I have eaten is a biscuit and that hurt. It’s hard to explain the pain, it’s not a sharp pain it’s an annoying dull pain which gets worse when you chew anything but the pain is always there, lurking in my mouth, I don’t bother to take pain killers. One of my lower teeth keeps popping up, it is actually higher than the others so my bite is a bit weird. Dr Park said maybe I always had this and never noticed before (come on Dr Park get a grip!) or it has moved during my V Line surgery, which can happen (that’s a much more sensible answer) and will eventually after 3 months fall back in line with it’s buddies. I am no longer using my baby toothbrush, I’ve moved on to the free Korean Air toothbrush (I have two, return journey!) which is not baby size and it’s not quite adult either so it’s perfect.

Tip: Before I left for Seoul I stuffed my face to make me fat. I put on 18lbs this is a whole dress size bigger knowing I would be on a liquid and soft food diet for sometime. Today I weighed myself and I’ve lost 16lbs since my surgeries.

So this concludes my one month journey, tomorrow I will begin my alcohol regime, it’s been so long, one shot of Jack Daniels and I’ll probably be knocked out!

I didn't fill a whole page.... boo

x
Hi HKP,
I am new here but I have been following your journey and would be interested in seeing your b/a pics. As ID is on my top list for nose revision and eyes surgery
Can you pls email them to me?
My email is: canta_27 at yahoo dot com
Cheers

This is really helpful. Thank you.

Hi summerline, i just enquired these past 2 days only. I doubt so... Coz is they do include hostel stay, they would have mentioned to me in the email like what VIP's Chloe did.

6000USD was the rate I though too. L

REPLY from O&Young:
您想预约咨询, 可以通过邮件, 或qq(1420967839) 也可以直接打电话。821040654528
You may book the consultation appoint via email, QQ
(1420967839 or through telephony 821040654528.

手术时间要您来医院咨询后, 尽量安排早的时间。用到肋软骨的名品鼻整形手术费用一般为1200-1500万韩币左右, 具体需要您咨询后才能确定。 手术费用包括您在恢复期间来医院复诊, 打针。 药需要您自己买, 医院会开处方, 大概人民币100元左右。
Booking of surgery appointment could only be done after consultation, would advise you to book an early time slot. Using of rib cart. For ‘ Luxury rhinoplasty’ surgical fees would be the range of 12million – 15million KRW. For more specific rate, could only be determined after consultation. Surgical fees includes hospital re-examination, injection. Medication has to be purchase by your own, hospital would provide you the medical prescribtion, around 100 RMB.

利用肋软骨的手术只有吴荣焕院长可以做。
Rib cart. Rhino will be done by Dr Oh Yong Hwan.

REPLY FROM VIP:
Here are the answers for your questions.
How could i make an appointment? Through email?

Yes, you can email me to book an appointment.
How many days later could I schedule the surgery/operation date?
You need to book at least 2 weeks before you come.

How much is rib cartilage rhinoplasty? The price range?
The surgical cost is always individual, so it may vary by patient’s condition, procedure, and material used. Rib cartilage rhinoplasty is US$11,000. I will note again this is just an estimated cost so it may change after consultation with Dr. in-person.

Does the rate given include 10% TAX?
No, the tax is not included, but we are going to deduct the tax for you.

Besides the operation, what does it include?
It only includes the surgery and the anesthesia.

Does it include any post-operation medication (eg: Any medication that prevents infection or reduce swelling?)
Medication is on your own. You need to buy the medication from the pharmacy with the prescriptions given by us.

Other post-surgery care, pickup service and accommodation will be providing for you as our service without any charge.
(Extract from a later email : You can stay in our office hotel for 1 week for free.)
Will the surgery be done by Dr. Lee or would there be other doctor who might be assign to me for this operation?
Dr. Lee will do the entire surgery.

REPLY BY REGEN:
How could i make an appointment? Through email?
- Yes, you can tell me the date and time you want by email then I will check the schedule for you.

How many days later could I schedule the surgery/operation date?
-
We can check the doctor’s schedule during the consultation, usually in 1 week the surgery can be done.

How much is rib cartilage rhinoplasty? The price range?
- The cost will be about 10,000,000KRW. But I want to ask why do you want to use rib instead of silicon? Is this revision surgery?

Does the rate given include 10% TAX?
- Yes, it’s included.

Besides the operation, what does it include? Does it include any post-operation medication (eg: Any medication that prevents infection or reduce swelling?)
- Everything is included except the medicine that you have to eat after when you leave the hospital. If it prevents infection we do a revision surgery by no fee in 1 year.

May I know which who might be assign to me for this operation?
- Our hospital has more than 30 surgeons and they are all specialized in part. The doctor specialized on nose will do the surgery.

Hi HKP,
I am new here but I have been following your journey and would be interested in seeing your b/a pics. As ID is on my top list for nose revision and eyes surgery
Can you pls email them to me?
My email is: canta_27 at yahoo dot com
Cheers

Hey Pouty,
You can see HKP's before and after in a few threads back - she actually posted it here. Marvelous pics!

As I still get quite a few emails requesting my photo, I think I'm brave enough to post them now.... here you go.

O.M.G you look amazing... What a transformation (unless it is the make up :P)
I really like your new eyes and your nose suits very well...
Btw, am not too far from London (am living in Dublin, Ireland).. So hopefully we can meet up sometimes.. I travel from time to time to London for work :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.